The MSc in Human Resources and Organizational Consulting is a full-time, two-year Program, fully taught in English, that combines the teaching of advanced HR knowledge with the connection to the business reality, whilst encouraging the personal development of the students.
7 Reasons for Choosing the Master in Human Resources and Organizational Consulting at Iscte Business School
1. Don’t miss the opportunity of being part of one of the most reputed Human Resources programs in Europe
- Ranked 21st in its category, among the Top 50 Best Masters Programmes, in Western Europe in 2018/2019 (Eduniversal);
2. Learn from the best in the industry
- Interact regularly with reputed practitioners who will offer their vision and experience in a series of seminars and conferences aimed at discussing and analyzing human resources topics;
- Students will have an opportunity to attend a Workshop on Recruitment and Selection, developed by Dr. Magda Machado (Hogrefe).
3. Benefit from a reputed faculty, with a hands-on lecturing style
- The faculty of Iscte Business School has authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- There is a close working relationship between students and faculty and students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with the faculty throughout their professional lives;
- This program seeks to integrate the best practices in human resources and consultancy and current knowledge developed in the academy.
4. Thrive in a welcoming culture where personal development and networking are encouraged
- Participate on the personal development programme (PdP) that enables students to discover their leadership qualities and creativity;
- The welcome week allows you to engage in networking, team-building and idea-sharing from day one of the course. This spirit is reinforced year-round with a host of other activities;
- Since not all degree candidates have the same academic and professional backgrounds, students can attend an optional introductory term Introduction to Human Resources Management.
5. See your merit recognized and rewarded throughout the program
- Award for the best MSc in Human Resources and Organizational Consulting Student (sponsored by Teleperformance and HAYS)
- Award for the best candidates
6. A truly international outlook
- Possibility of doing a Double Degree - it allows students to graduate with two diplomas from two Universities (Iscte and a partner university). For the Msc in Human Resources and Organizational Consulting, the partner universities are:
- Southwestern University of Finance and Economics - China (EQUIS acrredited);
- Universitas Gadjah Mada - Indonesia (AACSB accredited).
- Possibility of doing an exchange / Erasmus program with our partner universities.
7. Get excited with the program’s career prospects
- Our career services will support you with counselling, access to opportunities, the IBS Career Forum and presentations in class by companies;
- Employment rate of 100% up to 12 months after completion of program.
- The sectors most represented in the recruit of master's graduates are Consulting and Audit, and Telecommunications
- Close contact with a large pool of successful alumni now working for high-profile national and international companies.
Students can choose to specialize in Organizational Behaviour and Consultancy or in Human Resouces Management. Courses include:
- Current Challenges in Human Resources Management
- Innovation and Organizational Change
- Human Resource Systems and Rewards Management
- Healthy Organizations
- Strategic and International Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management Research: Quantitative Data Analysis
- Human Resource Attraction, Selection and Development
- Leadership Development, Decision Processes and Negotiation
- Regulation and Labour Markets
- Consulting and Diagnosis Techniques
- Human Resource Analytics and Internal Auditing
- Organizational Intervention Techniques
The Master in Human Resources and Organizational Consulting is designed for high-caliber graduate students and taught exclusively in English, in an international and multicultural atmosphere, therefore candidates must show evidence of a completed Bachelors degree as well as proficiency in the English language.
Applications are exclusively submitted online, on Iscte’s website. Several information will be required for applicants to type in, namely Personal Information, information about Education and also Working Experience. Candidates will have to upload some Documents as well:
- Diploma/Transcript of Records from the bachelor's degree awarded by a university or institution of higher education;
- ID card/Passport
- Proficiency in the English language (optional);
- The results of GMAT or GRE exam (optional)
Candidates still concluding their undergraduate degree must also add:
- Declaration of Commitment (download available on application form)
- Transcript of Records with current grading
Would you like to know more?
- Get in touch with your Program Manager!
Maria Ana Henriques
Tel.:(+351) 210 464 209
- Check the detailed information about the master's study plan, faculty, alumni testimonies and application process at our website!
About the School
Iscte Business School is a pioneer School in the teaching of management and business sciences, and the first where this was an autonomous area as opposed to a subject taught within the field of econom ... Read More