The MHRM requires a minimum of 30 credit hours in 9 required courses (27 credits) and one (3 credit) industry project/practicum. The comprehensive industry project is rooted in applying analytical and conceptual skills, knowledge and tools to a real-time strategic HR problem. Admitted students not having an undergraduate degree in business will be required to take, prior to enrolling in the MHRM program, two pre-requisite courses (remedial courses) of 3 credits each.
Participants normally complete the program in 15 – 18 months depending on their backgrounds. Classes are normally delivered in three full days (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) every 3 weeks requiring approximately 1.25 years (15 months) for program completion. For students with non-business backgrounds, the program will require 36 credit hours or approximately 1.5 years (18 months) to complete.
The graduate program consists of 9 core courses (3 credit hours each) and 1 comprehensive industry project.to be completed on a modular basis in a 15 month period the courses are as follows:
- Managing the Recruitment Process(3 Credits)
- Human Capital Training & Development (3 Credits)
- Compensation Management (3 Credits)
- Business Ethics and Sustainability (3 Credits)
- Leadership & Behavior in Organizations (3 Credits)
- Strategic HRM and Change Management (3 Credits)
- Professional HRM Challenges in the Middle East (3 Credits)
- HRM Best Practices in a Global Context (3 Credits)
- Organizational Research Design and Methods (3 Credits)
- MSHRM Project (3 Credits)
Students not having an undergraduate degree in business will be required to take, prior to enrolling in the MHRM program, at least two pre-requisite courses (remedial courses) of 3 credits each:
- Overview of Accounting and Finance
- The Business Value Chain
These students can complete the program in 18 months.
To be eligible for admission to the MHRM program, an applicant must hold a university degree recognized by AUB , must possess a minimum of two years of business work experience and must satisfy the requirements of the University for admission to graduate study ( including meeting the English Language Proficiency (ELPR) of the University )
Admitted applicants will normally have attained the following :
- An undergraduate average of at least 80 or equivalent in any major. The undergraduate degree must be obtained from a University recognized by AUB . An applicant is considered for admission on probation if s/he has attained an average between 75 and 80.
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience. Experience in the HR field is a plus.
- A successful personal interview
- A GMAT or GRE test may be required for applicants who did not meet the GPA requirements.
- The admission to the MHRM program is competitive and the application will be stronger with a high GMAT or GRE score and with addiotional releant experience.
Admitted participants with non-business undegraduate degrees are required to successfully complete two remedial business courses prior to the comencement of the HRM program.
This school offers programs in: