The University Master Degree in Hotel Management, adapted to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), with 90 ECTS, is a full time program directed at graduates with a particular interest in hotel management, with a special emphasis on the financial aspects and team leadership in hospitality internationally.
Upon completion of the Hotel Management University Master Degree, the graduate will have consolidated management skills needed to lead international hotel projects and businesses as well as gain the competencies necessary for positions of responsibility in the hospitality industry. All of this in a framework of sustainability, social responsibility and ethics.
LEADERSHIP AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: The hotel sector is a global service - driven area seeking well-rounded leaders who are sensitive to ethical issues and who are socially responsible. International industry knowledge, networking and leadership are key competencies covered in this module.
INTERNATIONAL HOTEL MANAGEMENT: Students become acquainted with the main elements in international strategic management, with a focus on decision making, finance and marketing. The participants will gain full understanding of the operational matters in multinational companies, as well as the challenges involved in international human resources.
RESEARCH IN HOSPITALITY: Research skills in the hospitality field are a critical factor for anticipating future scenarios and for transferring academic knowledge needed to face challenges in the hotel industry, helping managers to make better decisions. This module is completed with the Master Thesis, which may focus on either an academic piece of research or on a business plan.
- Duration: 16 months: Setember to Jun: Academic Block (90 ECTS) / July-Desember: Compulsory Placement (30 ECTS)
- Number of ECTS: 90 ECTS
- Limit: 30 students
- Degree Obtained: Master Universitario en Dirección Hotelera / Hotel Management por la Universidad Ramon Llull (A European Higher Education Area Official University Master Degree awarded by the Spanish Ministry of Education) *
- Teaching university: School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi (Barcelona-Spain)
- Teaching Language: English
- Branch of Knowledge: Social Sciences
- A minimum of a 3 years university degree at a Bachelor level
- As the program is delivered in English, proficiency in English is required. Click here for further information.
- Hospitality values
- Application Form + Official university degree + Certificate starting that the university qualification obtained enables the candidate to enroll in a master program in their home country + English Language - - Certification accredited (C1 Level) + 2 letters of recommendation + 1 motivation letter + Academic transcript of records + updated curriculum vitae
- Intake Interview
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 20, 2016