Enhance your Entrepreneurial Expertise
This Master’s Degree is designed specifically for young entrepreneurs to be, current entrepreneurs, and professionals who own a family business. Perfect also for career switchers, this program enhances entrepreneurial knowledge, strategy and spirit, covering the most cutting edge and relevant business models and technology.
If you lack a foundation of hotel management skills, you can complete a four-week Hospitality Immersion Program** on the Glion campus in Switzerland.
**The Hospitality Immersion Program is four weeks long, optional, and provided at additional cost. Delivered before the start of the Master’s courses, it contains Practical Arts courses in kitchen, restaurant, pastry, oenology, hospitality economics, and hospitality accounting.
What will you gain from the Master’s in Hospitality, Entrepreneurship and Innovation?
- Five-Star Hospitality Management Training: Learn the professional standards of service and how to supervise operations through the four-week Hospitality Immersion Program. Perfect for those with little experience in the industry, this optional program covers fine-dining service and culinary arts, housekeeping, guest relations and more, bringing you up to speed and ready for the MSc.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: This Master’s program will enhance your business abilities and equip you with the knowledge and skills required in the field of innovation and entrepreneurship. During this program, you will be able to design and to create new processes for tomorrow’s hotels and innovate the new customer experiences.
- Real World Experience: Jump start your own project during this degree and strengthen your entrepreneurial spirit to bring your business ideas to life. Dive into the direct experience in the field through real case studies, discover top incubators and meet great entrepreneurs on the student field trips to Berlin and Napa Valley. Benefit from an Immersive teaching experience and build strong partnerships with major companies and industry leaders.
- Immersive learning: Be part of a unique teaching model with intensive program content, an Innovation Fair, challenging projects and intense conversation with industry experts, entrepreneurs and gurus from the entrepreneurship field. This one of a kind program will help you shape the future of the hospitality.
- Project Management: At the end of your MSc in Hospitality, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, you’ll take your Capstone Project. This will further develop your critical thinking, research and writing skills, giving you the confidence and ability to produce high-quality, CV-worthy work to a professional level.
Key facts: Master’s in Hospitality, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- 2 academic semesters
- 1 internship
- February and September intakes
- Glion Campus – Switzerland
Is this Master’s degree right for you?
If you are a recent graduate or career changer with a Bachelor’s degree and limited or no work experience, this program could be right for you. Ideally, your Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualification, should be in hospitality or business.
What will you study on this Master’s degree in Hospitality, Entrepreneurship and Innovation?
Hospitality Immersion Program (Pre-sessional optional course)
Online Boot Camp
Hospitality Operations, Disruptions and Talent Management
- Industry Fundamentals and Complexity
- Trends, Disruptive Models and Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Hospitality Operations
- F&B Management and Value Delivery
- Leadership, Team Building and Intercultural Management
Innovation and Entrepreneurship: From Idea to Business Model
- Hospitality, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Design Thinking and Start-up Creation Process
- Business Model Identification
- Partnership and Ecosystem Management
- Strategic Governance and Compliance Strategy
- Protecting your Brand and Your Business
Field Trip to Berlin
Scaling Your Business: Digitalization and Go-to-market Strategy
- Marketing and Big Data in Hospitality
- Sales and Contracts Negotiation
- Revenue Management and Digital Distribution Strategy
- Digital technologies and Big Data Management
- Digital Marketing and Growth Hacking
Financial Lifecycle and Funding
- Fundraising and Financial Strategies
- Mergers, Acquisition and Restructuring
- Family and Small Businesses
- Sustainable Development and Social Entrepreneurship
Field Trip to Silicon Valley & Napa Valley
- 6-month internship
- Capstone Project
Shape the future of hospitality
“Discover how you can shape the future of hospitality through smart technology, meaningful experiences, hotel design and the sharing economy. Design and create new processes for tomorrow’s hotels, restaurants, airlines and cruises operators. In the end, you will leave with a strong entrepreneurial skill set to help bring your business ideas to life, or play a leading role in the innovation and business development department of a corporate company.” Marie-France Derderian, Senior Lecturer and Director of the Master Program in Hospitality, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Age Requirements: 21 years at the start of the program.
Education: Bachelor-level undergraduate degree* in a relevant field (business or hospitality preferred).
Minimum English Language Entry Requirements
If English is not your first language, or if you have not spent the last three years studying in an institution where English is the primary language of instruction, please enclose a copy of one of the following:
- IELTS: overall 6.0 and min. 5.5 in every sub-component**
- TOEFL: Internet-based 80 or paper-based 550
- First Cambridge Exam: Grade A
- Cambridge Advanced Exam: Grade C
* If a degree/transcript is not in English (for the UK) or English, French, German or Italian (for Switzerland), an official certified/translated copy in English will be required.
** Only tests taken/issued in an official IELTS testing centre are accepted.
Note: All English certificates must have been issued in the 12 months prior to program start.