The Master in History and oriental studies: Global Cultures is intended to be a radically new approach to the humanities. Students are invited to critically analyse the “shock of the global” that is shaping our lives and societies and to abandon the traditional Eurocentric and state-centred approaches and methodologies. Hybridisation among methods and research fields, experimentation of new forms of interaction between academics and students, and a strong emphasis on cross-cultural and transnational connections are all essential elements for a new critical perspective in the study of past and present academic discourse.
5 reasons to enrol on the degree programme
- A community of students: students at GLOC feel they are part of an international community of scholars and friends
- International environment: students at GLOC have a chance to meet scholars, professors and friends coming from everywhere
- Renown faculty: students at GLOC can attend courses taught by Italian and invited international scholars well known in the field
- A non traditional teaching: students at GLOC can experiment new forms of interaction with their professors in and out of class
- Dedicated spaces: students at GLOC have their own classrooms, a meeting room for group works, and a common room to chat and relax
There are specific enrolment procedures for each degree programme. You can find detailed information about how to apply, tuition fees and deadlines on https://corsi.unibo.it/2cycle/GlobalCultures/how-to-enrol
Study grants and subsidies
University students may obtain economic support during their studies from the Emilia Romagna Region, the University of Bologna and other external bodies.
Tuition fees exemptions
Check our website to know which are the required documents to apply for full exemptions and special subsidies.
About the School
The Alma Mater Studiorum, the oldest university in the Western world, paves the way for innovation through an increasingly rich programme catalogue, cutting-edge research and a constant and increasing ... Read More