Learn more about this degree programme, meet students and staff of the University of Bologna, and find out the services and opportunities for international students.
Register for our Virtual Open Days on 1-5 February, 2021: www.opendays.unibo.it
COVID-19 INFO AND UPDATES
Covid 19 - Please read the measures adopted by the University of Bologna to allow activities to resume safely.
About the programme
The Master in History and oriental studies: Global Cultures is intended to be a radically new approach to the humanities. Students are invited to critically analyze the “shock of the global” that is shaping our lives and societies and to abandon the traditional Eurocentric and state-centered approaches and methodologies.
Hybridization among methods and research fields, experimentation of new forms of interaction between academics and students, and a strong emphasis on cross-cultural and transnational connections are all essential elements for a new critical perspective in the study of past and present academic discourse.
5 reasons to enroll in the degree program
- A community of students: students at GLOC feel they are part of an international community of scholars and friends
- International environment: students at GLOC have a chance to meet scholars, professors, and friends coming from everywhere
- Renown faculty: students at GLOC can attend courses taught by Italian and invited international scholars well known in the field
- Non-traditional teaching: students at GLOC can experiment with new forms of interaction with their professors in and out of class
- Dedicated spaces: students at GLOC have their own classrooms, a meeting room for group works, and a common room to chat and relax
There are specific enrolment procedures for each degree program. You can find detailed information about how to apply, tuition fees and deadlines on https://corsi.unibo.it/2cycle/GlobalCultures/how-to-enrol
Study grants and subsidies
University students may obtain economic support during their studies from the Emilia Romagna Region, the University of Bologna, and other external bodies.
Tuition fees exemptions
Check our website to know which are the required documents to apply for full exemptions and special subsidies.
About the School
The Alma Mater Studiorum, the oldest university in the Western world, paves the way for innovation through an increasingly rich program catalog, cutting-edge research, and a constant and increasingly ... Read More