Why study MSc Health Psychology at Middlesex University?
We focus on supporting your future employability by helping you develop a range of professional, research and transferable skills through teaching, workshops and a placement. We offer a placement in a health psychology setting to all students who would like this experience, and our workshops help you develop clinical skills including communication with clients, ethical and reflective practice, judgment and decision-making, and skills related to formulation and assessment, cognitive-behavioural therapy, motivational interviewing, and health behaviour change. You will also study health-related behaviour, addiction and treatment; public health, health promotion and behaviour change interventions; stress, chronic illness and its management; working with patients in the health care system, research methods and professional issues.
- Over 90% of our psychology graduates are employed within six months of completing their degree
- Accredited by the British Psychological Society, providing Stage 1 of the training to become a health psychologist
- One of the few MSc Health Psychology programmes in the UK to offer a health psychology placement. Examples of the placements we offer include cancer screening, addiction management and obesity management
- You will participate in workshops focused on clinical skills such as smoking cessation and motivational interviewing
- Taught by health and clinical psychologists and other health professionals who are experts in their field
- Our purpose-built science building houses state-of-the-art computer and psychophysiology laboratories
- As a student of this course, you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 31, 2018