The program is co-financed by the European Union under the European Social Fund.
Health Economics and Big Data Analytics - HEBDA is a unique full-time Master’s dual studies program and a practical profile, conducted entirely in English.
Health Economics is a new but dynamically developing science. It is the discipline of economics applied to the topic of health care. Health Economics provides a set of methods and analytical approaches to study the effectiveness, efficiency, and value of health technologies with the ultimate objective of optimal allocation of healthcare resources. In the upcoming years, it is anticipated that there will be a large demand for specialists from this particular area of economics.
The Program is co-financed by a research grant from the National Center for Research and Development as part of the POWER 2018 contest. Our program won first place in this contest. Graduates will receive a Master's degree in Economics. The studies are conducted in full-time mode.
What you gain from your studies
Health Economics and Big Data Analytics is a specialization on the Master in Economy Program. It is one of its kind in Poland, and one of the few programs in the European Union. The innovative system of education is based on the latest achievements in the field of health economics, defined from the perspective of the needs of the payer, service provider, producer of health technologies and the patient.
The aim of the program is to acquire expertise and skills in the area of data analysis, with a particular focus on health data in the pharmaceutical and other related industries.
The dual studies type of the specialization gives it a unique practical nature - the program is conducted in the form of theory-based classes carried out at the University and practically conducted with the employer. The employers are actively participating in the creation of the program of studies, starting from the recruitment of candidates to the defense of the Master's thesis.
During the studies, the students will get paid internships with leading employers in the area of health care. Thanks to this, you will have access to the latest analytical and practical techniques, and the most commonly used solutions. The best students will have the opportunity to go for an internship abroad.
The program includes study visits, planned visits to the Research & Development departments of innovative enterprises: a pharmaceutical company and a manufacturer of medical devices, followed by visits to the Health Committee of the Parliament of the Republic of Poland and the Ministry of Health.
There will also be two foreign study visits: to the European Parliament and to the EMA – the European Medicines Agency in Amsterdam.
Among the teaching staff, we will host visiting professors from leading foreign academic centers e.g. the University of Ljubljana, Hochschule Neubrandenburg, University of Illinois, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Lund University, University of York, Eötvös Loránd University.
Almost 75% of the tuition fee is covered by EU funds.
The leader of the program is prof. Katarzyna Kolasa, Ph.D., who has more than 20 years of academic and occupational experience in the healthcare sector. In the past, she worked at both global and regional Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) functions at AstraZeneca and BiogenIdec being based in Sweden and Switzerland respectively. At Bristol Myers Squibb and Lundbeck, she was leading Market Access teams in Central Eastern European (CEE) and Nordic Region. Her practical skills in the field of health economics were developed during six years of the employment contract at the Kalmar County Council in Sweden as well.
Who are the studies for?
This program is designed for you, if:
- you have a Bachelor's degree and are passionate about data science.
- you are enthusiastic about the importance of Big Data in various industries especially the healthcare sector.
- you understand and feel comfortable with mathematics.
- you have an interest in economics and would like to expand their knowledge (with a focus on Health Economics).
Gained knowledge, skills, and social competences
After finishing the HEBDA specialization you will gain the following knowledge, skills, and social competences:
- In-depth knowledge of the place of economics - including health economics in the system of sciences and of its relationships with other disciplines.
- Knowledge regarding the functioning of markets and economic entities (e.g. manufacturing companies, healthcare, and public administration institutions) in a microeconomic, macroeconomic, regional, global, and international view, including the internal market of the European Union.
- Understanding of the impact of globalization on the functioning of economic entities and on potential epidemiological threats.
- In-depth knowledge of the conditions of economic entities in the European Union, including healthcare entities.
- The ability to forecast and model economic processes using predictive modeling and decision-making algorithms (e.g. you will be able to build a model of treatment effectiveness for health technologies).
- Knowledge of the methods and tools used to acquire and analyze data.
Career opportunities after your studies
After graduation, graduates will be able to start their careers as specialists in institutions dealing with the organization and financing of health services, as well as enterprises responsible for the production or distribution of health technologies.
Job titles include:
- Health Economics Advisor
- Health Data Scientist
- Health Economics Value Consultant
- Clinical Outcomes Consultant
- Health Outcomes Manager
- Master Access Manager
Students have access to multiple study resources allowing them to collect all the necessary information for solving practical business problems as well as to dwell into academic science:
- Databases, including databases containing information on the promotion and sale of medicine.
- Statistical and analytical software, as well as an interpreted programming language, necessary to create, manage and integrate databases and perform statistical analysis.
- KU library resources, including access to the international scientific journal "Value in Health".
- Introduction to Health Economics
- Introduction to Health Technology Assessment
- Healthcare Systems in the European Union
- Healthcare Financing Models
- Statistical Methods in Healthcare
- Health Econometrics
- The methodology of Economic Modelling in Healthcare
- Healthcare databases. Data Privacy and Security
- Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare/Predictive Modelling in Healthcare
- Big Data Analysis
- Advanced Statistical Methods for Real-World Data Analysis
- Contemporary Economics
- Decision-Making Simulation Games
- Economic Modelling
- Mathematical Economics
- Managerial Economics
- Social Economy
- Global Economy
- Social and Health Insurance System
- Economic Law of the European Union
- Market Access at Pharma Company
- Data Analytics at HTA Agency
- Data Analytics at Healthcare Provider
- MA Seminar
Admission for the Program is based on a written exam (online test). Candidates with the highest score will be qualified.
Application for full time and part-time Master's programs at Kozminski University must include:
- Application form - complete the form online, print and sign.
- Original Bachelor/Master degree diploma or notarized copy and transcript of records.
- 1 signed passport photograph.
- Copy of the national ID or a passport.
- A CV in English.
- Proof of payment of the admission fee (non-refundable).
- Certificate confirming proficiency in English (unless the high school/university courses were taught in English) - e.g. FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC, CEIBT issued by the University of Cambridge; IELTS (>=6.0 points); TOEFL IBT (>=87 points); TOEIC (at least 700 points from the test); LCCI (English for Business level 2, 3, 4); London Test of English certificates (PEARSON) - level 3, 4, 5 (certificates Edexcel). Polish citizens who did their previous studies in English or who scored at least 95% on the basic level or 80% in the extended level from the English Language at the Polish Matura can be excluded from submitting an English proficiency certificate.
- Polish citizens who did their previous studies in English or who scored at least 95% on the basic level or 80% in the extended level from the English Language at the Polish Matura can be excluded from submitting an English proficiency certificate.
- Declaration of participation in the project.
- Project participant declaration.
All documents issued in foreign languages should be translated into Polish or English by a sworn translator. The application must be complete in order to be qualified for the entry test.
Documents should be delivered to the Kozminski University Admission Office (room D/126) in person or by post. Admission period begins on the 4th of February. The admission schedule:
|First batch||Second batch||Third batch|
|Submission of documents||04.02 - 20.05.2019||21.05 - 26.07.2019||21.07 - 20.09.2019|
|Date of online entry test||23.05.2019||31.07.2019||23.09.2019|
The admission fee for all Bachelor programs delivered in English is 100 PLN.
Payment of the admission fee should be made to the following bank account:
Name of the bank: Pekao S.A. II o/Warszawa
Address: Grzybowska 53/57, Warszawa
Bank account number: 20 1240 1024 1111 0010 1646 0637
SWIFT code: PKOPPLPW
Candidates from foreign countries
Foreigners who need a visa to study in Poland are additionally required to make payment of tuition for one full year of studies before we can issue documents necessary in the visa application process i.e. invitation to come to Poland and the admission decision. Admission commission issues a conditional acceptance letter including individual account number to which the payment should be transferred in Polish Złoty (PLN) calculated according to the exchange rates of the National Bank of Poland (www.nbp.pl). In case the candidate is denied, visa tuition is returned. Admission fee is non-refundable.
In case of visa, accommodations and other daily issues please contact our Student Support and Service Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition and Fees
Master's Program in Digital Marketing (full-time)
|Tuition per semester when paid in full||2900 PLN||677 EUR*||772 USD*|
|Admission fee||100 PLN||24 EUR*||27 USD*|
* Exchange rates according to NBP table of 2019-01-28: 1 EUR = 4,2885 PLN, 1 USD = 3,7592 PLN
PRICES IN PLN ARE APPLIED. If you pay in EURO or USD please note that payments in EUR and USD are recalculated into PLN according to the exchange rate of Millennium Bank based on the day of receipt of payment to the Kozminski University bank account.
About the School
Kozminski University, founded in 1993, is a private institution of higher education with full academic rights. The university has obtained Polish and international accreditations, as well as excellent ... Read More