Master in Global Fashion Management
FIT’s Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Global Fashion Management prepares emerging fashion executives for top managerial positions in the burgeoning international fashion industry. Offered by FIT in collaboration with Hong Kong Polytechnic University in Hong Kong and Institut Français de la Mode in Paris, the program draws upon an international faculty and the facilities and industry contacts of three major institutions on three continents.
In intensive ten-day seminars on each campus, you will gain a comprehensive view of the interrelationships among the various segments of international fashion businesses and the technology that drives them. With the program’s focus on leadership, cross-cultural understanding, and the global marketplace, you will graduate prepared to assemble and manage international teams of professionals within an organization, and to guide an organization through the unchartered waters of international business efficiently and profitably. The global emphasis is reinforced through the international faculty and student body, offering extensive opportunities to make connections around the world.
The program is completed within 18-months. Class structure is interactive and flexible, and includes intensive seminars, online learning, guest speakers, and site visits. Leadership skills are emphasized as well as creativity, problem solving, writing, communication, and presentation skills.
This selective program is open to candidates with a minimum of three years of professional experience in retail, design, marketing and merchandising, import/export, fashion journalism, or other related field.
- This MPS program’s focus on the fashion industry is unique among graduate business degrees in the United States.
- The program takes place in three cities: Paris, at the Institut Français de la Mode, Hong Kong, at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and New York, at the Fashion Institute of Technology.
- The MPS degree program offers comprehensive, industry-focused classes that examine cultural, economic, and technological trends.
- The international roster of faculty comes from both industry and academia.
- Students have extensive networking opportunities that span the globe.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017