Program Description & Objectives
Geology is a program that studies material compositions, internal structure, and external features of the earth, mutual interactions between earths and the history of the evolution of earth.
China University of Petroleum (Beijing) has undertaken several high-level scientific research programs and has sufficient funds to enable students of this major conduct excellent research under the guidance of renowned academicians and professors.
- Sequence Stratigraphy
- Petroleum Reservoir Geology
- Sedimentology and Paleogeography
- Petrology and Reservoir Geology
- Sequence Stratigraphy and Logging Geology
- Organic Geochemistry
- Regional Structure and Basin Analysis
- Oil Region Structural Analysis
- Fossil Energy Formation and Enrichment Mechanism
- Paleontology and Stratigraphy
Graduation & Degree Requirements
- Study time: 3 years.
- Minimum credits: 30
- 31,000 RMB/Year (English taught)
- 29,000 RMB/Year (Chinese taught)
Where English was not the medium of instruction during a student’s previous study experience, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5. or TOEFL 80
HSK 5 with at least 180 marks for applicants of the Chinese language program
Application Deadline & Course Start Date
Applications open from October to May 30th for postgraduate studies. Degree programs all start in September. We advise students to apply 3 months before the deadline in order to have ample time to prepare all the necessary materials, apply for scholarships and look for supervisors.
About the School
China University of Petroleum (CUPB) was founded in 1953, nominated as one of the key national universities in 1960, and is a ‘211’ national universities under administration of the Ministry of Educat ... Read More