Information for applicants
This study program is ideal for students who would like to get detail knowledge about geoinformatics and geoinformation technologies. Students will broaden their understanding by a group of current geoinformation technologies and advanced analytical methods. The emphasis is put on technical matters and thus, the majority of subjects are focused on programming, algorithmization, advanced analytical methods, modeling, and simulation. The study program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to work in the field of business and public institutions that use a broad range of geoinformation technologies to support their work activities, as well as in follow-up studies.
- Faculty: Faculty of Mining and Geology
- Type of study: Follow-up Master
- Language of instruction: Czech, English
- Code of the program: N3654
- Czech title of the program: Geodézie, kartografie a geoinformatika
- English title of the program: Geodesy, Cartography and Geoinformatics
- Regular period of the study: 2 years
- Coordinating department: Department of Geoinformatics
- Study branch: Geoinformatics
- Keywords: geoscience modeling and simulation, spatial database systems, geoweb, geoinformatics, geoinformation technologies
The study program is designed to provide students both with the possibility of applying in the field of companies and public institutions involved in the creation and development of procedures and applications of relevant technologies used to support the work activities of organizations and end-users and as well as in academic and research institutions or in follow-up studies.
The aim of the program is to prepare graduates who can handle the topic of the professional field of study to permit the creation of new procedures and applications of relevant technology, management of projects and find new ways of solving various problems.
Graduates can work both in the field of state administration and self-government, as well as in the private sector, as well as in academic and research institutions.
Graduate of the program will have:
- Wide and/or deep knowledge and understanding of the subject and scope of the field of study relevant to the contemporary state of knowledge;
- Wide and/or deep knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts, and methods relevant to the contemporary state of knowledge in the study area;
- Understanding of the possibilities, conditions, and constraints on the use of knowledge from related fields.
Graduate of the study program will be able to:
- Using the expert knowledge to define and creatively solve theoretical or practical problems in the study area;
- Independently and creatively address complex problems using the selected theories, concepts and methods of a studied branch;
- Use some of the most advanced research methods in the study area in a manner allowing to obtain new information.
Graduate's general competence
Graduate of the study program will be able to:
- Independently and responsibly decide in a new or changing context or fundamentally changing environment, taking into account the wider social implications of decisions;
- By developing relationships and resources available to define the terms of reference for professional activities, coordinate them and bear ultimate responsibility for the result;
- Communicate clearly and persuasively his own expert opinions to both professionals and the wider public;
- Plan, promote and manage the acquisition of additional field expert knowledge, skills and competencies of other team members.
General admission requirements: Master degree candidates
Criteria for admission
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level)
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
- e-Application form
- Copies of graduation certificates (Diploma and Diploma Supplement or Transcript of Records)
- Recognition document of graduation certificate - official document to say that the degree is recognized in the Czech Republic
- Payment of Registration Fee 500 CZK per 1 study program, it is non-refundable
- Valid visa and passport
- Tuition Fee is 4000 EUR per academic year, payable at the beginning of each academic year. It is non-refundable.
About the School
Founded in 1849, VSB - Technical University of Ostrava (VSB-TUO) is a Czech public university with a long tradition in high-quality engineering education and research. These traditional core values ha ... Read More