The objective to develop the experience of the experimental work in genetics which can be realized by original experimental work in various fields of genetics: molecular, plant, human genetics or genetics of microorganisms, gene engineering, cytogenetics, genotoxicology. The program provides with the modern knowledge and practical skills in genetics necessary for independent scientific and professional careers in rapidly developing areas of genetic technologies, biomedicine, and biotechnologies.
Admission Requirements and Selection Criteria
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Life Science
- Following subjects or their close equivalents should be studied during Bachelor studies (no less than 30 ECTS credits totally): Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Cell Biology, Genetics, Bachelor Thesis (Project)
- English language proficiency – the level required - not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), or TOEFL score 75/IELTS score 6
- Applicants must submit a motivational letter for the study programme and at least one recommendation from his/her former supervisor or professor
- Applicants may be asked to perform a motivational interview in order to evaluate their program selection factors and English language skills.
Students can participate in the ERASMUS+ mobility program which gives an opportunity to study at VU’s Partner University or do internships abroad.
About the School
Welcome to Vilnius University – the oldest and largest Lithuanian higher education institution. Since its establishment in the 16th century, Vilnius University, as an integral part of European science ... Read More