The Master in Gastronomic and Advertising Photography is a pioneering program in the fusion of the wealth and gastronomic fame of our country and the mediatization and graphic communication of this trend. The essence of this program transcends the space of the photographic taking and addresses the disciplines of the profession, from styling to art direction, responding in this way to the demands and needs of the labor market. Its axis of specialization is the product and gastronomy and its interesección with the direction of art that maintains and enhances the personality of the author.
An innovative proposal aimed at creativity and specialization to generate synergies between expanding sectors with the aim of developing from the conceptualization projects of a commercial or personal nature complete, professional quality and with a strong author stamp.
- Qualification: Master's Diploma
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Hours: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Modality: Presencial Barcelona
- Class period: October to June.
- Face-to-face training.
- 100% practical guidance.
- Small groups.
The didactic objective of the Master is to train its participants as outstanding professionals, with their own initiative and style, offering them the mastery of knowledge, tools, processes and methodologies at a technical, aesthetic and managerial level, always favoring the maximum expansion of their own inclinations and skills. You will be able to control in its entirety the process of creation and production and you will be able to apply as author and creator of tendencies.
The program is structured in two large blocks: in the first one, we deepen in the essential knowledge of the professional and advertising photographic practice, as well as in the direction of art; In the second, more extensive, we focus on specialization in the field of product photography and gastronomy.
Tools and technologies for image capture
- Cameras and optics.
- Capture software.
- Lighting in studio.
- Outdoor lighting.
Tools and technologies for image processing
- Retouching and digital photomontage.
- 2D and 3D integration.
- Organization of work flows.
Technician and photographic language
Contemporary visual culture
Art and design direction
- From concept to production.
- Processes and methodologies of art direction.
- Creative direction
- Theory and practice of design.
- Graphic design and editorial layout and web.
- Production Design.
02 Product and gastronomy
The world of food
- History of food and cooking.
- History of the representation of food.
- Trends in contemporary gastronomy.
- Personalities and places of gastronomy.
- Books, magazines, blogs, magazines and specialized websites.
Professional environment Related disciplines. Art direction
- Casting and model management.
- Location management and production design for product and gastronomy.
- Styling, art direction and photography for advertising campaigns, publishers and institutions.
- Home economy and "natural" styling.
- Report and storytelling on products and gastronomy.
- Industrial and institutional report.
- Classic and contemporary still life.
- Advanced techniques of product photography, food and gastronomy.
- Advanced techniques of cocktail photography.
- Shooting in studio.
- Shooting in location or decorated.
- Shooting outdoors.
- Events and portraits in context.
- Retouching, color correction and digital photomontage in product photography, food and gastronomy.
- The moving image in food and gastronomy.
Profession. The photographer
- The commercial and author portfolio.
- Platforms and broadcast channels.
- Labor orientation: agencies and representatives, types of contracts, image and author rights, legal and retributive issues.
- Transversal and interdisciplinary workshops with professionals.
- Personal practices
Master's final project
About the School
Aquí encontrarás un espacio donde reconocidos profesionales en activo comparten sus conocimientos construyendo nuevas experiencias contigo. Acercándote al mundo real a través de trabajos prácticos y c ... Read More