In the Master in Furniture Design you will learn to communicate uses and attitudes from the design of furniture and you will create furniture capable of solving the needs of the domestic and work environment with new materials and technologies.
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering","author_url":"","source":"©ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering"}" />
- Qualification: Master in Furniture Design, own title issued by the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF)
- Direction: Ricard Ferrer
- ECTS credits: 60
- Duration: October 2020 to July 2021, February 2021 to February 2022, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 17: 00-21: 15.
- Price: € 10,000 (+ € 450 pre-registration)
- Language: Spanish
- Admission requirements: Official university degree or equivalent to Architecture, Product Engineering, Product Design or Space. Knowledge of 2D or 3D software.
How can we create furniture capable of solving the needs of the domestic or work environment? In the Master in Furniture Design you will learn the language and the basic references to innovate.
The Master in Furniture Design develops, specifically, professional practices that configure the profession of "furniture maker" or furniture designer . This discipline presents some particularities that differentiate it. It requires the knowledge of a language and its own references, present in each piece of furniture, a refined code in the course of time, which allows us to communicate uses and attitudes, effectively solving those objects that shape relationships in our domestic or work environment.
This immersion in the reality of furniture, the present and the past, opens the doors to the industrial reality of a sector that is today one of the benchmarks in the production of avant-garde objects, with their own fashions and trends, new materials and technologies. , that enable us to advance and innovate.
The Master identifies and connects various professional profiles. The tasks and projects to develop respond to realistic proposals. The teachers in charge of advising and monitoring the projects are professionals, and the various speakers and scheduled visits respond to this same spirit.
The Master in Furniture Design is structured in two postgraduate degrees that allow us to have an integral vision of the sector. On the one hand, in the "habitat" part, the resolution of the equipment for the domestic space is addressed, and, secondly, in "contract", the specific furniture for facilities, communities and urban elements.
- Enable the student to work in groups or in collaboration with technical offices, adapting to new situations and evaluating the specific needs of a client from the analysis of their catalog and their product.
- Incorporate the different techniques and methodologies that allow projecting without producing a differentiation between the conceptual and constructive aspects, developing, in turn, the specific practices that make up the trade.
- Acquire habits in the expert observation of the attributes of the past and the present, which determine the characteristics of the codes that allow us to identify innovative objects or solutions.
- Achieve advanced knowledge of the sector by identifying reference manufacturers and designers, as well as current lines or trends, anticipating future scenarios and uses.
- Know and master the formal language specific to the sector to establish a fluid and coherent dialogue with the user, incorporating the desired attributes correctly in the projects developed.
- Know the processes, technologies and materials, as well as the auxiliary industries involved to generate real innovation in the sector, providing technically and commercially realistic viable solutions.
- Consolidate a Portfolio with the projects developed in the Master, where the acquired competences and the work of specific aspects for each student such as personal brand are shown.
1. Mastery of the tools for product design, oriented to the furniture sector, conceptual and methodological, of knowledge of both representation techniques and associated production processes and materials, which are applicable in:
- Furniture projects for industrial and home market manufacturers.
- Special custom furniture projects for the home.
- Industrial furniture projects for communities.
- Urban furniture projects.
- Upholstered furniture projects.
- Projects of representative unique furniture elements for communities.
- Lighting projects.
2. Mastery of formalization and associated codes in projects applied to different disciplines.
3. Mastery of work phases and professional project planning.
4. Mastery of the skills for the development of projects in work groups.
5. Use of the resources and codes necessary to communicate with the different agents involved in the process (clients and collaborators).
About the School
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering is a university center founded in 1961 and it is the oldest school of design in Spain. ELISAVA is among the 100 best schools of design and architectu ... Read More