Master in Functional Methods in Differential Equations & Interdisciplinary Research
- Period of studies: 2 years
- ECTS credits: 120
- Language: English
The program grew up from the constantly growing demand for young professionals working in the industry and having a strong background in fundamental mathematics.
The two following directions are represented in the program - mathematical analysis and differential equations.
There are unique courses among disciplines taught within this program, such as «Inverse problems of variation calculus», «Mathematical methods in medicine», «Analytical-numerical methods for the Navier-Stokes equations», «Mathematical models of glacier dynamics» and etc.
Students graduated from the master's degree program "Functional methods in differential equations and interdisciplinary research" will have skills in:
- derivation of mathematical models for applied problems in physics, engineering, and economics;
- solving contemporary problems in the fields of differential equations and functional differential equations with applications to mathematical physics, engineering and dynamical problems in economics including mathematical methods for equity market;
- working in a team of researchers.
Graduates of the program can work as:
- Faculty stuff at universities;
- Researchers at academic institutions and computing centers;
- Members of mathematical modeling teams of the leading industrial
- Employees of the bank’s analytical departments.
- Bachelor or specialist degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics or in any adjoining program including Applied Mathematics and Informatics;
- English Language level – at least IELTS - 6, 0 TOEFL iBT - 79
Program taught in: