We train highly qualified personnel to meet the social demand for forest fire emergency management
If you are interested in learning to
- Predict the behavior of fire and its spread, and interpret the meaning of fire in the forest ecosystem, recognizing its effects on the different elements of it.
- Design prevention and extinction strategies specific to the reality of each geoecological system and model the integral fire risk using ICT, based on information sources of alphanumeric and spatial nature.
- Conduct differential diagnostic studies of conflict in the problem of forest fires and determine the defensive priorities of the territory subject to economic, social, ecological, environmental and safety factors in control and extinction activities.
- Define, organize and direct the human and material resources involved in an emergency taking into account the different roles and roles of firefighting operations and other emergency bodies.
- Interpret the effects of fire on the forest ecosystem, identifying the factors that require technical actions.
What we offer you
- Taught at the Universities of León, Lleida and Córdoba.
- Modern online teaching support platform for the non-face-to-face part.
- Active participation of the best professionals and scientists worldwide in the world of forest fires.
- Training adapted to current basic forest legislation.
- Multiple external practice agreements with public administrations and national and international agencies.
- Master's degree positively evaluated with the highest recognition by the Agència per a Qualitat del Sistema Universitari de Catalunya (AQU).
- Firefighting operations and civil protection emergencies derived from them.
- Consulting and engineering projects aimed at the protection and defense of forest spaces against fires.
- Development, direction and execution of projects aimed at the restoration of ecosystems after the impact of fires.
- Planning and management of the defense of forest landscapes against fires.
CG1 - Possess and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and / or application of ideas, often in a research context.
CG2 - That the students be able to apply the knowledge acquired and their ability to solve problems in new or little known environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of study.
CG3 -That students are able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of making judgments based on information that, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
CG4 - That students be able to communicate their conclusions - and the ultimate knowledge and reasons that support them - to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way.
CG5 - That the students possess the learning skills that allow them to continue studying in a way that will have to be largely self-directed or autonomous.
CG6 - That the students be able to express clearly, both in writing and orally, in Spanish and English.
CG7 - That students be able to use information and communication technologies (ICT) effectively according to their degree of evolution and development over time.
CG8 - That the students be able to integrate respect for the fundamental rights of equality between men and women, the promotion of Human Rights and the values of a culture of peace and democratic values in the development of their personal performance and professional.
CG9 -That students are able to manage and organize their study time, acquiring responsibility for their own learning.
CG10 - That the students be able to relate in a multidisciplinary environment, working as a team, negotiating or leading the decision-making process, following an analytical thinking that allows them to solve the real problems posed by their disciplinary corpus.