Admission requirements The applicants must satisfy the entry requirements of the Institute of Philology and Intercultural communication; have a Bachelor degree in the Humanities (preferably in Linguistics or Applied Linguistics) or in Education (preferably in foreign language didactics); have communicative competence (English language) level – not less than B2.
- The language of instruction is English.
- The program is applied to the field of foreign language teaching: graduates acquire generic and subject-specific competencies which guarantee employment and ensure broad career prospects in education and educational management.
- The program is harmonized to the international requirements of language teachers certification and program graduates are trained to take Cambridge exam TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test).
Modules and disciplines
Module “Linguistics and Communication Studies”
- Linguistics for Education
- Second Language Acquisition
Module “Philosophy and Psychology of Education”
- Philosophy of Education
- Psychology of Education
Module “Foreign Language Didactics”
- Principles and methods of FLT
- IT in FLT
- Course Design and Materials Development in FLT
- Assessment and international exams in FLT
Module “English language”
- English for Academic Purposes
- Writing and Public Speaking in English
- English in the content areas
- World Englishes
- Research Methods in Language Pedagogy
- Masters seminar
- Library session
- Research practice period
Research work Research of applied interdisciplinary issues of linguistics, psychology, pedagogy and foreign language didactics while working at master thesis; project work in the field of language didactics in practical settings and development of suggestions for optimizing teaching and learning arrangements; participation in international seminars and conferences; writing research articles; academic internships in partner universities
Professional Fields and Career Prospects
- English language teaching in educational institutions of different types, including higher and continuing education.
- Teacher training (training future foreign language teachers and in-service training of teachers) in universities and continuing education institutions.
- Educational management positions in the system of formal and informal education.
- Development and project work in government agencies, NGOs, publishers, etc.
- Enrollment in a doctoral program – writing a doctoral dissertation in the field if foreign language didactics.
Program taught in: