Master in Football Business in partnership with FC Barcelona
The Master in Football Business in partnership with FC Barcelona has been created with the ambition to be the only program in football business and administration based on the management model of FC Barcelona, recognized worldwide, as well as the great educational experience of the Johan Cruyff Institute. The main objective of the Master in Football Business is to educate with in-depth and up-to-date knowledge and insights from the industry. We aim to provide students with the analysis of the core theories and relevant case studies that will help them visualize the behavior of the football business. Students will also have the opportunity to learn, interact and contribute to FC Barcelona business strategy and operations.
We are looking for highly-driven and engaged candidates with proven experience in football business or in high-performance business not related to football (minimum of 3 years) combined with a strong business academic background from a well-known university. Athletes with relevant work experience in the football business can enroll in the Master, but candidates with no previous experience will need to have a relevant academic background to be eligible for selection. The minimum level of English proficiency required is a score of IELTS 6.0, or equivalent if the candidate attended a non-English speaking undergraduate university.
We are looking for hardworking candidates who have strong leadership and problem-solving abilities combined with great communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills. We are seeking challenging and critically thinking students that will have a strong positive impact in the football business and in the overall community, and who will be able to contribute to building the future of the sport. The admission process will consider all parts of these requirements, together with professional experience and educational background. Meeting all the minimum requirements will not guarantee you admission, but you will be invited to pass to the next stage of the application process.
- Register your interest.
- Complete the online application and pay the application fee (€140 non-refundable).
- You will need to submit the following:
- a. A cover letter with a statement of purpose.
- b. Your résumé.
- c. Three essays (maximum 500 words) on:
- i. your view of the global football business;
- ii. the situation of the football business in your country, and
- iii. how you will be able to contribute towards improving the football business in your country.
- d. Two letters of recommendation.
- e. Official transcripts.
- If the first stage of your application is successful, you will be invited for an online interview, which will be the final stage of the process.
On campus- Barcelona. One week per month, full intensive from Monday to Saturday.
The target audience of the program is diverse, ranging from qualified individuals wanting to pursue their dream job in the football industry, to well-established football business professionals who want to develop their career further, and current and former athletes who want to expand their knowledge in this area.
We aim to offer the best Football Business program in the world by combining extensive knowledge of business with hands-on projects and a unique overview of the nature and specificities of the football industry. The specific modules will provide students with the opportunity to learn about the club’s business strategy and why FC Barcelona is more than a club, as well as giving them the unique opportunity to contribute to the future of the organization.
- Learning 3.0: different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication, and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that brings you closer to the business side of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
- Learning about the business strategy of FC Barcelona and why it is “more than a club”.
- Football club governing bodies (football federations and associations).
- Football facilities & events (tournament organizers, sports clubs).
- Community-based football (foundations, municipal governments).
- Sports consultancy (business initiatives).
- Intermediation services (agencies, player representation).
- Sports journalism (media).
- Marketing & sponsorship (private and public companies).
DURATION & PRICE
Modality: On campus Barcelona
Start date: September 21st, 2020
Duration: 9 months
Price: € 140 (application fee), € 1,250 (enrollment fee) and € 17,220 (tuition fee)
Deadline: Request info
About the School
The Johan Cruyff Institute is a powerful blend of professors, staff and partners who share a passion for educating the next generation of leaders in the sport business for the benefit of all athletes, ... Read More