Master of Science and Engineering,
Major in Food Science
ISA Lille offers a major in Food Science, taught in English or in French, in the Sustainable Management of Food Production, quality, safety and industrial environment.
The objective of this program is to train future food industry managers to be able to deal with the environmental impact of this sector in a globalization context.
Our Food Science program combines theory and practice through site visits, study trips, food technology experiments, serious games, research and industrial projects and professional immersions.
In addition, ISA Lille students spend 40% of their time immersed in professional experiences. These experiences include working on industrial projects or doing internships in companies or research laboratories, in France and abroad.
The general objective of this major is to give students:
- an international view of food safety regulations and standards, highlighting local and international specificities
- tools to assist food companies in setting up systems (HACCP, BRC, IFS, SQF, ISO 22000, FSSC 22000, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001) and performing audits (preparation for internal auditor certification exam)
- an overview of theories, concepts, and methodologies of company resource planning systems
- a practical view of food industry management, through lectures and seminars by professionals of the sector
- methods to manage projects in an international context, with multicultural staff
The active learning method is based on practical work in labs, case studies, industrial projects and internships in companies. As with all ISA programs (Bachelors and Masters), all students will have several professional experiences.
Project management and intercultural activities allow students to develop their abilities to work in a team and to reinforce transverse skills.
Industrial projects: these group projects must be carried out during the two years of the program. The students deal with specific industrial or research-oriented issues
Food Science Internships: these individual professional experiences are required in the first year (2 to 3 months) and in the second year (6 months), either in a company or a lab, in France or abroad. Food Science Internships are a step-by-step process which aims at giving the student’s responsibilities.
ISA Lille gives you the opportunity to be in touch with over 200 companies and create your network for internships and future jobs.
Each year, ISA Lille organizes a Company and Career Day. This event gives our students a chance to develop their own network by meeting industry representatives and partner companies.
85% of ISA Food Science graduates are employed within 6 months of graduating and get diverse jobs in Production, Supply Chain, R&D, Sales and Marketing, Management, Quality and Safety, and others.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 6, 2018