The Master in Five Stars Hotel Management, promoted by Forte Village Resort and the Luiss Business School, is a training program that is unique in Italy thanks to its syllabus, employment prospects, end-of-course profile and location. It is the innovative answer to the challenge that the hotel industries will have to face in order to manage the complexity of a touristic system that is in constant development and requires levels of excellence in numerous skills areas, from Marketing to Revenue Management, Congress & Events Management to Company Finance and Management Control.
The Master’s prime objective is, therefore, to produce managers with excellent skills and expertise, capable of seizing opportunities for success and professional growth within the national and international 5-star hospitality industry. The constant reference, during both training and work placements, to the luxury market is the novelty and strength of the Master in Hotel Management.
The initiative aims not only to integrate basic university education or previous professional experience but above all to train individuals who are ready to manage autonomously and with an active professional and managerial approach the complex organisational situations typical of 5-star tourist resorts.
Stage & Placement
The Master requires all participants to take part in a six-month work experience placement in a 5-star Hotel or Resort in Italy or abroad. Numerous companies from the luxury hotel industry have already confirmed their availability to host participants of the Master:
- in Italy: Forte Village Resort (Pula, Sardinia), La Maddalena Hotel & Yacht Club (Sardinia), Pullman Timi Ama (Sardinia), Villa d'Este (Lago di Como), Grand Hotel Alassio (Alassio), Palazzo Arzaga Spa & Golf Resort (Brescia), Hotel Principi di Piemonte,(Turin), Golden Palace (Turin), Dorchester Principe di Savoia (Milan), Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Area Milan), Four Seasons Hotel (Milan), Hotel Bulgari (Milan), Hotel Cipriani (Venice), Hotel Splendido (Portofino), Hotel Eden (Rome), St. Regis (Rome), Westin Excelsior (Rome), Hotel de Russie (Rome), Rome Cavalieri Hilton, Hotel Parco dei Principi (Rome), Grand Hotel dé la Minerve (Rome), Hotel Majestic (Rome), Hotel Savoy (Florence), Hotel Villa San Michele (Florence), Castel Monastero (Siena), Grand Hotel Continental (Siena), Kempinski Giardino di Costanza (Mazara del Vallo), Grand Hotel Imperiale Taormina (Taormina) and others.
- abroad: Hotel Metropole (Monte Carlo); Hotel de Paris (Monte Carlo); Hotel Lancaster (Paris), Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort (Monte Carlo); Hilton Amsterdam (Amsterdam); Hotel Baglioni (London); Hotel The Ritz London, Hotel Arts, Ritz -Carlton, (Barcelona), W (Barcelona), Hotel de Rome (Berlin), The Regent Hotel (Berlino), Constance Lèmuria Resort (Praslin - Seychelles).
Specific personalised assistance is also guaranteed to the participants to help them to enter the profession upon completion of the work experience placement and final assessment of the Master.
Considering the market statistics for the sector and the notable growth opportunities for the high-level hotel industry, the Master is aiming for a 95% employment rate for participants within 5 months of completion of the course.
Placement data relating to the first four editions of the Master show that 95% of graduates have found employment within 6 months from the Graduation Day.
The Master is concluded with a final examination, during which a discussion of the participants’ work experience placement reports and a presentation of project works will take place. The official certificate presentation ceremony in the presence of the institutions and companies that have participated in the Master.
The Master in Five Stars Hotel Management has a limited intake and is aimed at:
- Young, motivated, determined graduates who wish to pursue a stimulating career in the luxury hospitality sector.
- Professionals currently holding, or aiming to hold, positions of responsibility in the tourism industry – hoteliers interested in broadening and strengthening their managerial knowledge and abilities in order to attain success and development of their organisation.
- The maximum intake is set to 30 participants, selected from graduates, professionals and experienced school leavers from Italy and abroad.
Essential admission requirements are:
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent use of computer and of the main software applications
- Willingness to relocate during the internship period
- For foreign applicants, a sound knowledge of Italian.
The Master in Five Stars Hotel Management is limited to a maximum of 30 participants.
Acceptance is based on careful selection through evaluation of qualifications, psychometric tests, individual and group interviews and an oral English language test.
The Master registration fee is €18,900 including VAT and includes:
- Visit of the best luxury hotels
- Team building and outdoor activities held by professional trainers
- Exclusive modules developed by The Cornell University
- Seminar held by the prestigious “International Butler Academy”
- A three-week Training on the job at Forte Village Resort
- Educational material
- Tutoring and mentoring
- Assistance in the internship placement
- Personalized assistance in finding employment after graduation
For information and application please contact the Hotel Business School Information Office:
Address: Hotel Business School c/o Istituto "D. A. Azuni", Via Nora, 09010 Pula (CA)
Tel: +39 070 9209176
Tel: +39 070 9218097
Cell: +39 338 6001266
Fax: +39 070 9218082
There is also an Information Office at the LUISS Business School:
Address: LUISS Business School, Villa Blanc, Via Nomentana 216, 00162 Rome, Italy
Tel: +39 06 8522 2256
In order to facilitate participation in the Master, scholarships funded by companies, organisations and institutions are available which will guarantee partial payment of the registration fee.
The candidates can also independently:
- Seek financing for the Master from the company for which they work or intend to work in the future;
- Access subsidies loans from several Italian credit organisations.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 20, 2018