* Tuition fee might change
The objective of the study program Financial Technology is to prepare senior and chief specialists in the industry of modern financial technologies who are able to apply the knowledge of financial instruments, advanced information, and communication technologies as well as modern research achievements by realizing the theoretical and practical activity models in both classical and innovative, centralized and decentralized e-markets, banking, investment insurance sectors and organizations operating in state and private sectors.
After graduation you will be able to:
- identify, analyze and assess the means, knowledge, technologies, and methodologies related with financial analysis and data processing that operate on the basis of information and communications technology (ICT) and apply these when solving the multifaceted tasks of financial technology;
- apply the knowledge of finance informatics in both professional and research activities as well as create the systems based on cryptographic currency and smart contracts functioning in finance markets, accounting, solutions of the Internet of Things and social networks;
- analyze and critically evaluate the principles of financial technology processes, instruments, financial transaction processing systems, methodologies, tools, and solutions emerging in the context of the fourth industrial revolution.
Admission Requirements and Selection Criteria
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent. Individuals who have completed university studies in economics, finance, computer science, business administration and management, electrical engineering, mathematics, and other fields are admitted to the study program; applicants must have basic knowledge in information technologies and finance, to be specified in the motivation letter.
- English language proficiency — the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe).
*Applicants from Belarus who do not have a test taken may apply without it because their language proficiency will be checked during an online interview.
Students can participate in the ERASMUS+ mobility program which gives an opportunity to study at VU’s Partner University for 1 or 2 semesters or do an internship abroad.
Graduates of the program Financial Technology (FinTech) may work as managers and consultants in financial intermediaries and financial services companies; introduce technological innovations of the financial sector in branches of banks, insurance companies, business enterprises; work as managers of software engineers, business and IT analysts. Graduates will be able to work as blockchain developers, company executives, AI programmers, crypto investment portfolio managers, big data analysts, and project managers in the business of FinTech applied solutions. Moreover, graduates will be able to set up FinTech Startups using their skills to creatively apply financial technology innovations, adapt the acquired analytical and research skills, develop financial technology business policies and strategies, develop the ecosystems of new financial services, advanced financial instruments, business models, communicate with the public and lead a team
About the School
Welcome to Vilnius University – the oldest and largest Lithuanian higher education institution. Since its establishment in the 16th century, Vilnius University, as an integral part of European science ... Read More