Master in Financial Planning and Tax Management
Department of Banking and Finance
- In 1994, this department was established as the Banking and Finance Section. Our school was restructured as a technology institute in 2000. In 2009, we established the financial planning and tax management master program.
- In August 1994, we established the day division five-year college.
- In August 1996, we established the evening division 2-year college
- In August 1998, we established the weekend division 2-year college.
- In August 2000, we established the day and evening division 2-year technical school.
- In August 2001, we established the weekend division 2-year technical school.
- In August 2002, we established the evening division 4-year technical school.
- In August 2003, we established the day division 4-year technical school.
- In 2009, we established the financial planning and tax management master program.
Department of Banking and Finance
Cultivating talents specializing in all aspects of finance is our departmental objective. Our curriculum is designed with both theories and practice equally valued. We also set up a license application supporting program to help our students obtain as many licenses as possible. W cooperate with organizations to provide practical training opportunities for students.
Financial Planning and Tax Management Master Program
This is the first graduate school set up based on customers’ viewpoint of financial planning in Taiwan. The purpose of its establishment is to provide professional knowledge about income and tax management so that our students are trained to be good at their own financial management or become professional tax managers.
Our objective is to cultivate talents specializing in financial planning and tax related issues and to guide the financial planning industry towards a sounder development direction.
We have 22 full-time teachers. Our teaching staff consists of 1 professor, 6 associate professors,11 assistant professors, 3 lecturers and 1 person studying PhD and other professionals from the industry to support our teaching.
We have a “Banking and Finance Teaching Center” where we have an “online banking and financial information studio” and an “investment and finance planning practice studio” to create a simulated environment where students can be connected to real-time market information and learn how to conduct related operations and increase the effectiveness of teaching.
In order to cultivate our students into professional talents specializing in all aspects of finance, in addition to fundamental theories, we prepare students with all-rounded knowledge and help them enhance their employment competitiveness. Based on students’ career plans and jobs they might take, we have designed our core courses and divided them into 2 programs: business financial decision-making program, and investment decision program. In each program, there are certain major licenses we will help and also require students to obtain.
Currently, we have cooperation with President Securities Corp., Polarities Securities Co., Ltd, APEX International Financial Engineering Res. & Tech. Co., Ltd., etc to provide students practical training opportunities.
Opportunities after graduates
- Securities finance: working in the securities, banks or insurance companies
- Corporations: working as financial management personnel, accounting personnel, and administration personnel
- Public official
Pursue advanced education in finance, economics or business-related master programs
Graduate Institution of Financial Planning and Tax Management
This is the first graduate school set up based on customers’ viewpoint of financial planning in Taiwan. The purpose of its establishment is to provide professional knowledge about income and tax management so that our students are trained to be good at their own financial management or become professional tax managers. Our objective is to cultivate talents specializing in financial planning and tax related issues and to guide the financial planning industry towards a sounder development direction. We devote to the long-term development of financial planning industry through cultivating high-quality financial planning talents and establishing the foundation and structure of financial planning related theories and practical knowledge.
We are the first graduate school that design our curriculum based on the six examination programs of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP). The coverage of the courses is as follows: fundamental financial planning, risk management and insurance planning, employee welfare and retirement pension planning, investment planning, transfer planning of land tax, other levies and property, and full-aspect financial planning. We are authorized by FPAT as a qualified CFP educational training institution; therefore after taking related courses designed in our institution, students get themselves the title to take any examination of the six examination programs. The fields under our research coverage include the professional issues faced by individual financial management such as investment planning, risk management, tax management, customer relationship management, etc.
- Preparing the six major educational training programs of CFP and related advanced topics
- The Research Method course is designed to help students enhance their ability in research execution and independent thinking
- Communication and marketing related courses are also included in curriculum as they are essential in carrying out professional financial planning
After graduation, our student can work as full-aspect financial consultants or take jobs in the field of financial planning or wealth management in financial organizations by providing financial products such as banking, securities, futures and investment trust consulting services.