The program is taught by experienced faculty with outstanding expertise in financial topics. Topics covered include modern Capital Markets, Valuation (including options), Fixed Income, and Capital Structure. Electives include Value Investing, Restructuring, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and International Finance.
The Master of Finance has been one of the most popular master programs in Europe, thanks to a great learning environment and outstanding career opportunities offered after graduation. Finance graduates pursue careers in investment banking, corporate finance, private equity, investment management, consulting, as well as non-finance positions. The large financial firms from Stockholm and London visit campus regularly and hire many of our graduates.
The Finance program allows for specialization through choices of courses in Corporate Finance and Investment Management.
Two specializations are offered:
- Corporate Finance.
- Investment Management.
All courses are offered in English by a renowned faculty. The program is highly international and offers exchange semesters at the best business schools in Europe and the U.S.
SSE is one of the leading business schools in Europe. The MSc program in Finance is consistently one of the top-ranked programs across various rankings. For example, the Financial Times ranking of the world's best masters programs have ranked the SSE Finance masters as no. 16 in the world, the only Nordic school represented.
- Bachelor degree with at least 60 ECTS in Social Sciences (including but not limited to Finance, Business Administration and/or Economics) and with a minimum of 30 ECTS in quantitative fields, including but not limited to Finance, Accounting and Financial Management and Economics. The quantitative fields may be outside Social Sciences.
2. GMAT or GRE test
- GMAT score of 600 or more.
- GRE score (Quantitative) of 155 or more.
3. Proof of proficiency in English:
- IELTS score (Academic) of 7 or more.
- TOEFL total score of 100 or more (internet based).
- English as a native language.
- Bachelor’s degree from a program conducted completely in English.
- Qualifications “English B/6” from Swedish upper secondary school.
4. Motivation & supporting attachments (read more at www.hhs.se).
Program taught in: