Aimed at developing solid knowledge and analytical, problem-solving competencies in the financial area, the Masters in Finance will give bring students into direct contact with the kind of financial institutions where they will be hoping to start their career.
A wide range of electives makes it possible to focus on a specialized area of study during the program, reflecting each student’s personal strengths and preferences, whilst also providing an initial direction for the global finance career on which they will embark upon graduation.
A host of international tracks, including a double degree option and an exchange program, offers students the chance to expand their professional network and experience total cultural immersion within another academic institution and country.
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- Accounting for Financial Institutions
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Applied Derivatives
- Asset Management
- Audit and Supervision Techniques
- Bank Regulation
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Taxation
- Corporate Valuation
- Credit Risk
- Energy Finance
- Entrepreneurial Finance & Venture Capital
- Financial Intermediation
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Fixed Income
- Futures and Options
- Hedge Funds
- International Financial Management
- International Taxation
- Macroeconomics of Financial Markets
- Management Control Systems
- Managerial Accounting
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Restructuring
- Nova Students Portfolio
- Private Equity
- Project Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Risk Management
- Seminar on Current Economic and Financial Issues
- Workshop Financial Regulation and Supervision
Language of instruction
The Masters in Finance is delivered entirely in English, including exams, class work, support materials and Work Projects.
By graduation, students pursuing an International Masters in Finance should be fluent in two languages (including mother tongue) and functional in a third.
Students must complete a Masters Work Project, which is equivalent to a Masters Thesis. This can be developed in the following ways:
- Directed Research: - an original piece of work on a topic proposed and supervised by a professor. This may also take the form of a case study.
- Field Labs: students undertake specific projects that replicate real-life working environments in a controlled setting and with the support of an experienced instructor.
- Internship: an internship where students develop a project in a problem-solving format for a company, in response to a pre-defined question/problem raised by the host organization and under the supervision of a Nova faculty member. Students may apply for internships offered by Nova or obtain one directly from a company via their own contacts.
The first steps towards a global career
Nova SBE Masters students enter with career aspirations and emerge with a career trajectory, supported all along the way by the school. To assist them in this process, Nova proposes the “Mastering Your Career” career development program, which helps students set professional and personal goals, acquire the skills to attain them and benefit from the network and brand recognition of Nova SBE in the market place.
- Investment Banking
- Financial Services
- Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Consulting & Auditing
- Energy & Utilities
- Asset Management/Private Banking
- Regulatory Agencies
- Rating Agencies
Most popular jobs
- Commercial Banking
- Investment Banking & Brokerage
- Portfolio Management
- Private Banking
- Regulatory Agencies
- Sales & Trading
- Retirar Regulatory Agencies
- Academic Background - Candidates from any Bachelor program. Candidates with limited quantitative skills may need to complete bridging courses in August.
- Languages - Candidates are encouraged to provide evidence of English language proficiency at level B2. No knowledge of Portuguese is required.
- Professional Experience - Professional experience is NOT a requirement to be admitted. Candidates with more than 2 years of professional experience should consider applying for an MBA.
- Age - Under 26 years old.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017