Economic Policy and Administration
The objective master’s study in Finance is to prepare highly qualified experts able to solve analytical tasks and work at related managerial positions at middle and upper management in companies and institutions. Study is structured and focused the way so that the graduates will practice in financial departments and in the financial management of non-financial institutions (production and business companies), financial institutions (commercial and investment banks, investment companies, insurance companies) and national economy (government and regional administration).
Key Learning Outcomes
The base of study is to obtain knowledge in the following areas:
- financial management and financial decision-making of the companies, costs management, calculations, prices, accounting, and taxes,
- financial and capital markets, commercial and investment banking, insurance companies,
- financial decision-making under risk, investment decision-making, company valuation, financial modeling, tax theory,
- financial, money and capital markets, commercial bank management, investment companies and insurance companies, derivatives valuation, financial assets portfolio management,
- international finance, international financial institutions, financial systems, fiscal and tax systems, etc.
- analyzing financial situation of a company,
- solution of the financial management problems,
- investment project valuation,
- proposal of the price and costs calculations,
- orientation in the managerial accounting,
- understanding the principles of taxation and taxes,
- orientation in the area of banking and insurance,
- understanding commercial bank management, investment companies, and funds, instance etc,
- property valuation, security valuation, company valuation,
- financial models proposal, etc,
Graduates are prepared for highly qualified positions, where they will be able to solve analytical tasks and work at managerial positions at the middle and upper level of the management of companies, banks, insurance companies and other bank and non-bank institutions.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
Finance is a prestigious, dynamic and perspective field of study that offers to students a complex financial education. Graduates will be prepared for highly-qualified positions, where they are able to perform analytical tasks and managerial positions in middle and upper management of companies and institutions. Furthermore, they can find a position in financial departments of companies, as the heads of the institutions of the financial market, as tax advisors, etc.
Determined by Dean, may include entrance examination, other formal documents.
120 ECTS Credits, Final state examination, Diploma thesis.
Course Structure Diagram with ECTS Credits
List of courses is available at the detailed branch description page 30 ECTS credit per semester.