The Finance program prepares students to work in various positions in financial institutions and monetary systems; from banking, insurance, and market trading, to corporate finance, financial accounting, auditing, and taxes. Students choose between two specializations, Financial Markets, and Accounting. Our Finance program is accredited by ACCA (a global association offering qualifications for those graduates who wish to pursue a career in accountancy, finance, and management) and ICAEW (the ACA qualification is one of the preferred qualifications for graduates interested in a career in general practice, corporate management and consultancy).
The program graduates with the specialization Financial markets will:
- understand and define basic terminology used in finance theory and practice
- be able to calculate yield from financial investments and an impact of inflation on savings and financial investments
- be able to describe and understand basic trends in financial markets
- be able to choose suitable bank products for savings and credits
The program graduates with the specialization Accounting will:
- be able to explain accounting methods used in national and international business,
- understand systems of valuation and taxation used in the Czech Republic and in the EU countries
- understand auditing procedures used in international business
- be able to develop financial analysis system for trading companies and financial institutions
Our graduates assume positions in various capacities in financial institutions (banks, insurance companies, and trusts); as stockbrokers or private financial investors; or in finance and accounting departments of companies and institutions. Many of them hold higher managerial positions in financial divisions of banks and insurance companies, or as financial and capital market analysts, controllers, etc.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 22, 2018