- Study Finance in a Business School Where “Digital Technology” is at Its Core. GBSB Global is the only higher education institution in Spain accredited by Microsoft as a leader in digital education.
- Earn Accreditation in addition to your master degree through the ACCA, the renowned international Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Obtain a differential qualification with Microsoft Imagine Academy – GBSB Global prepares students to meet market demand in digital technologies
The Master in Finance in Barcelona is one of the most innovative master programs in the area of finance in Spain which aims to change the way business education is taught and trains responsible, innovative, and globally focused business leaders. Students learn to develop an advanced cultural intelligence and awareness and learn to work effectively with people who have vastly different values and beliefs.
The Master in Finance in Barcelona at GBSB Global Business School provides an exceptional academic training program that reveals to students how truly fascinating the world of international finance can be. Master in Finance in Barcelona looks beyond the basic understanding of banking and accounting and uncovers the distinct concepts, markets and opportunities in the financial industry today.
The Master in Finance in Barcelona includes core analytical courses, such as financial and managerial accounting, statistical analysis, and corporate finance, all of which provide students with the knowledge and skills vital for a successful managerial career in finance. At the same time, the master gives students an opportunity to obtain an advanced understanding of various areas within finance such as investments, entrepreneurial finance, real estate finance, mergers and acquisitions, company evaluations, financial instruments, and the way global financial markets function today.
The Master in Finance in Barcelona is taught by a unique mix of leaders from the industry and the best professors including Andrew Hyman, author of ETF Strategies and Tactics: Hedge Your Portfolio in a Changing Market (New York: McGraw-Hill, 2008) and Three Paths to Profitable Investing: Using ETFs in Healthcare, Infrastructure, and the Environment to Grow Your Assets (New York: FT Press, 2010); Xavier Arola, former CEO of the largest financial institution on Infrastructure’s investment in Catalonia EECAT; Martin Mayer, partner at the Mergers & Acquisitions advisory company ARS Corporate.
- Duration of the program – 9 months
- Language of the program – English
- Intakes – October, January, April / Yearly
- Schedule – Full Time, Mornings & Afternoons
- Location – Barcelona, Spain
- Earn an International Recognized Certification Through the ACCA.
- Faculty with Industry Experience.
- Company Visits.
- Students from 70 Different Countries.
- Exclusive Access to Financial Forums and Banking Seminars.
- Practical Knowledge Applicable on a Global Scale.
- Career Opportunities with Top Financial Companies.
- Provide students a broad and professional knowledge of all aspects of international finance.
- Prepare professionals capable of using models, methods, and instruments of financial management.
- Create awareness of the fast-changing and diverse world of finance and the challenges it faces.
- Teach a strategic framework to assess and implement various international financial practices.
- Develop interpersonal and leadership skills to be highly effective business managers and leaders.
- Develop a strategic understanding of finance and an ability to take into account the relationships between finance and other areas of business.
WHY GBSB GLOBAL?
- The only business school in Spain with an international accreditation from ASIC.
- The first and only official Microsoft School in Spain, accredited by Microsoft as a leader in digital education, providing students with the most state-of-the-art learning experience from day one.
- Official Microsoft Showcase School.
- The only business school in Barcelona and Madrid with the status of ACCA Computer Based Examination Center.
- Member of The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), USA.
- Recorded as ONE OF THE BEST BUSINESS SCHOOLS in Europe by MYBS (Mind Your Own Business School).
- Recognized as a LEADER IN GLOBAL EDUCATION by Newsweek Magazine.
- Ranked No. 1 in Europe in the Guide to Sustainability Schools.
- OFFICIAL MEMBER of the European Council for Business Education (ECBE).
- Repetitive winner of International Business Ethics Case Competition, USA.
- Global Diversity | Students from 70+ countries and faculty from 20+ countries.
- Focus on Innovation | From teaching methods, course curriculum and workshops to fully digitalized educational environment we are all about innovation and challenging status quo.
- Employability & Career Development Opportunities | Practical knowledge and skills, career counseling and individual coaching sessions.
Develop your career in financial sector with the Master in Finance in Barcelona.
Accountants must be highly versed in statistical analysis, and they must be tech savvy and organized. These professionals organize and prepare a company’s financial statements, handle the financial decision making and investments, and advise top management in financial planning and protection.
Auditors must be very detail oriented and able to catch financial errors, and they must have advanced computer skills. They are responsible for analyzing and approving the crucial financial statements held by an organization.
Venture capitalists manage risk and protect themselves against loss as the failure rate is high in this field. Venture capitalists use their financial expertise to allocate funds to the businesses they predict will have the largest ROIs in the future.
Managers of corporate finance are responsible for taking calculated risks with the goal in mind to achieve maximum possible profitability for the company. They are also responsible for protecting, maintaining and increasing the financial capital used to run enterprises of all scales.
Commercial banking positions at banks are great for those who want to join an organization long-term and be promoted from within or would like the option to relocate to different cities over time. Professionals in this field can develop various careers in commercial banking, ranging from working as account managers to tellers, branch managers and more.
Professionals in investment banking are experts in risk, industry knowledge, negotiation, communication. Investment bankers deal with high-risk situations involving trading futures and guiding their clients in wealth management endeavors.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 13, 2017