The Fashion Stylist course aims to introduce the professional figure of the Stylist, analyzing his skills and different activities.
The course will be based on theoretical lessons in which the unwritten rules that articulate relations with press offices, photo agencies, etc. will be deepened.
An extremely important part of the course is one of the seminars with professionals, which will allow the students to have direct contact with international working realities.
A special relationship that IFDA has with magazines such as ELLE, Glamour, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, VOGUE, etc. allows both visits and seminars directly with great exponents of fashion and communication.
The Fashion Stylist course is a short course that aims to communicate and develop the profession of a stylist in all its fields: fashion, photo-shooting, advertising, still-life, personal stylist, television.
Practical shooting sessions will be held in the studio, which will allow students to acquire the necessary autonomy to design, organize and implement the first editorial to be presented and to be included as the first project in their portfolio.
Some of the fashion professionals involved:
- Emiliano Rinaldi (Art director La Perla)
- Giovanna Vitacca (First Italian Business Style Coach)
- Laura Salsi (Fashion editor and stylist for Elle Italia)
- Simona Polli (Director WHITE magazine)
- Elena Salvaneschi (General Manager of TheOne Milano, owner of IAFIL Spa)
- Stefano Anselmo (Founder of the Academy Stefano Anselmo)
- Maurizio Cinà (co-Founder of “Buyer Association”, ex A.D. of Frankie Morello)
- Eugenio Gallavotti (Deputy-director of Elle Italia)
- Italian Institute of photography
- Showroom M. Panzieri
The program of the Fashion Stylist course provides a specific preparation on:
- History of fashion and costume
- Visual communication
- Fashion styling
- Semiotics of clothing
- Fashion make-up hints for the stylist
- Theory of color
- History of photography
- Meetings with professionals (workshops)
- Places of work (showrooms, press offices, editorial offices, fashion agencies, laboratories, etc. ..)
- Visit the trade fairs (MilanoUnica, TheOneMilano, Lineapelle, WHITE, Micam, etc..)
- Technology and textile goods (fabrics and materials)
- Computer graphics processing (photoshop)
- Final shooting: a project of a fashion service
FINAL EXAMINATION with External Commission
Simulation of work, final shooting discussion, questions and answers between students and commissioners
Direct experience in the field during the course of studies is foreseen.
Certification with the names of the professionals of the external commission.
Certificate: IFDA is certified ISO 9001 for the educational system of quality, sector EA 37 Nr. SQ164098, and releases certificates recognized at international level.
About the School
IFDA Italian Fashion & Design Academy is a post-diploma and post-degree college and offers certificated Fashion, Design and Beauty courses and masters.