The MA Fashion Journalism program is designed to give students advanced training in the mastery of journalism for print, web, and other platforms. The 42-unit program concludes with a final thesis project and students will graduate with a robust portfolio of writing samples reflective of the voice and perspective they are ready to bring into this exciting industry.
MA Fashion Journalism Unit Requirements
- Major 27 units
- Directed Study 6 units
- Graduate Liberal Arts 3 units
- Electives* 6 units
TOTAL 42 units
*Per director approval
MA Fashion Journalism Degree Requirements
- Successful completion of Final Thesis Project.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- A minimum grade of C in all required 42 units.
MA Fashion Journalism - Program Learning Outcomes
Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
MFA Thesis Project
- Present an original thesis concept worthy of the MFA degree.
- Demonstrate the feasibility of their thesis project.
- Research, plan, and write a thesis consisting of one of the following: a series of three to five feature articles for print or online publication; a functioning fashion website; three to five test shoots exploring a particular genre or set of styles, demonstrating basics of styling; or a project that converges two or more of the above categories.
Apply basic design principles to creative work.
Verbal and Written Communication
- Write compelling material for print, online, or broadcast media.
- Clearly convey ideas and concepts using specific fashion industry language.
- Effectively pitch ideas.
- Conduct effective interviews.
- Develop both a personal voice and the ability to adapt voice to fit a variety of print/online publications.
- Conduct in-depth research to develop material for print, online, or broadcast media.
- Demonstrate the ability to undertake editorial “packages,’’ combining various journalistic features.
Collaborate effectively to produce creative projects.
Create a relevant and original portfolio and collateral materials which can be used to market themselves to the industry
Visit www.academyart.edu to learn more about total costs, median student loan debt, potential occupations and other information. Accredited Member WSCUC, NASAD, CIDA (BFA-IAD, MFA-IAD), NAAB (B.ARCH*, M.ARCH), CTC (California Teacher Credential). Acting degree program is currently not offering online courses. **B.ARCH is currently in candidacy status.
The program length is based on graduating in normal time.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, http://www.academyart.edu/disclosures
BY SUBMITTING THIS FORM, I GIVE CONSENT TO ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY TO RECEIVE AUTODIALED AND/OR PRE-RECORDED TELEMARKETING CALLS, AND TEXT MESSAGES, FROM OR ON BEHALF OF ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY AT THE TELEPHONE NUMBER(S) PROVIDED HERE. I UNDERSTAND THAT MY CONSENT IS NOT A CONDITION OF MY RECEIVING SERVICES FROM ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY. ALL CALLS MAY BE RECORDED FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 29, 2017