The Master in Management of the Fashion and Design Industry was a pioneer in the international field as a formative initiative between one of the first international fashion companies, the Higher School of Design and the Ramón Llull University, with the aim of training professionals in the field of product and company management and management of the fashion sector.
As a unique bet on university training, specialized, high quality and outstanding practical approach that develops an integral training in the management of the fashion and design industry, with the recognition of the company MANGO.
The Higher School of Design (ESDi) is a university school located in Sabadell and Barcelona, which awards the official university degree in design in the specializations of Graphic Design, Fashion, Product, Audiovisual, and in design management. The Foundation for Design (FUNDIT) is the founding institution of the ESDi Higher School of Design. The director of the Foundation for Design (FUNDIT), who heads ESDi, is Antoni Garrell I Guiu.
The Higher School of Design (ESDi) is a center attached to the Ramon Llull University (URL), the first private university in Spain and with a strong presence in Catalonia, and the whole of its curriculum is adapted to the EUROPEAN HIGHER EDUCATION (EEES). ESDi has more than twenty years of history. It was the first center to introduce university studies in Design, as a degree of the URL and was one of the first university schools in Spain to teach the official university degree of Design in 2008. Its vocation for research Is certified by the fact that ESDi organized the First International Congress of Design and Innovation of Catalonia.
The Higher School of Design originated in FUNDIT, born in 1989 of the initiative of a group of associates of the Manufacturers Guild of Sabadell, who defined design as a key element for the improvement of the competitiveness of The company and the growth of the industry. They understood that they had to compete “with value” in their products in exchange for competing “for cost” and that the challenge of the textile sector was to have designers with capacity for analysis, mastery of the creative process and ability to work with The set of agents involved in the generation of value of the product; So that competing was not just a question of using the best technology. The initiative was supported by the Catalan and Spanish administrations. The Foundation created the Higher School of Design, locating it in the old Docks of Sabadell, which were an industrial warehouse that served as a large warehouse for the deposit of wool and textile raw materials. The building was remodeled in 1991 by the architect Ignacio Veciana. Today, this ship is a university campus with the main building of 9,000 m2, distributed in four floors and numerous scientific, technical and artistic equipment necessary to guarantee the full development of academic activity.
MASTER IN MANAGEMENT OF THE FASHION INDUSTRY AND DESIGN BY RAMÓN LLULL UNIVERSITY (URL)
- Dates: Ed. October 2017 to July 2018 / Ed. March 2018 to December 2018
- Place: Barcelona Campus (Passeig de Gracia, # 114)
- Fees: € 7,550
- Modality: On Campus
- Language: English
- Qualification obtained: Master’s degree in management of the fashion and design industry by Ramón Llull University
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Internships: Possibility of internships in national and international companies related to the world of fashion and design.
Optional internships of up to 720 hours in important companies of the sector.
Rankings & Accreditations
It became the first center of the Spanish state to teach fashion university studies. First university design center in Catalonia
The first private university of Spain Located in the top 100 of global employability
It promotes and promotes postgraduate training at the international level, also managing the academic-teaching processes of postgraduates.
The Master in Management of the Fashion and Design Industry (Fashion Management) is aimed at professionals who wish to develop their knowledge and skills in marketing, logistics, communication and point of sale management in the Fashion industry and design, taking into account the current challenges facing the sector in the global environment.
- Provide the student with sufficient knowledge to understand the global environment of the fashion industry and generate greater analytical capacity in the specific situations of the sector.
- Provide the necessary tools to efficiently lead the processes of control, logistics, marketing, communication and point of sale management.
- Provide the necessary means to carry out efficient and effective marketing strategies.
- Train in complementary areas of management in financial management and human resource management, thus achieving a deep and integral vision of the sector.
The 60 ECTS are divided into 6 areas:
- Contextualization of the contemporary social environment
- Image Counseling
- Life cycle and components Communication in the global society
- Management, control and logistics
- Management of the point of sale
- Master final project
- High Employability of our graduates
- 13 Editions / 27 years forming business leaders
- Multicultural student environment
- High technology in digital platforms
- Campus Universitario in Barcelona center
Contextualization of the contemporary social environment
- The world of the third millennium
- The internationalization of fashion trends
- Fashion Sociology
Total credits: 5
Image, lifecycle and component advisory
- The personal and corporate image
- Iconological techniques
- The process of creating the fashion collection
- Analysis and determination of trends and creative direction
Total credits: 5
Communication in global society
- Theory of communication of global society
- Persuasive communication of corporations
- Fashion communication, advertising, media strategy
- Fashion Marketing, Fashion Consumer Analysis, Fashion Promotion
- Digital Marketing
- The press dossier: content and recipients
Total credits: 10
Management, control and logistics
- Knowledge and entrepreneurial personality
- Introduction to accounting.
- Basic cost concept
- Financial statement analysis.
- Budget Control
- Business Plan:
- Business Finance
- Control and Management
- Legal aspects
- Tax Aspects
- Social Responsibility
Total credits: 14
Management and shops
- Location and location of the point of sale
- Distribution of spaces
- Distributions and flows
- Control systems and Shop management
- Logistics and product obsolescence
Total credits: 9
Total credits: 2
Total credits: 15
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 21, 2018