The womenswear fashion design masters degree is dedicated to all those students with specific competences in fashion design and to professionals that wish to expand their knowledge on specific themes. Starting from the study of Women’s fashion design the course will give an in-depth view of the different fashion trends through the evolution of society. Besides the practical study of how to coordinate a women’s fashion collection, the students will acquire also the basic structures of free-hand and digital drawing and the right research tools for identifying trends and contemporary culture.
A women’s fashion designer is a precursor of styles: starting from the analysis of the market’s history and of the changes of habits and traditions, he/she is capable of designing a collection responding to the needs and requirements of a contemporary woman.
While keeping into consideration production deadlines, expenses and the brand’s image, he/she manages the creation of a new and innovative fashion and accessory collection, giving life to new styles that will influence women’s lifestyles in terms of clothing, fabrics, and accessories.
He/she is a professional, very sought-after within the fashion business management. Womenswear Fashion designers can work for his/her fashion brand, cooperate with fashion companies or with consultancy, research or fashion studios. He/she designs fashion and accessory collections, from eyewear to bathing suits, keeping always a close eye on the latest trends. Thanks to his/her knowledge he/she can become a product manager thus managing also the production phase: two extremely important fields for the product’ s development.
The students graduating from the Womenswear Design Masters Degree will be capable of:
- Critically evaluate the consumers’, markets’, trends’ needs and requirements, for a specific women’s brand;
- Perform in-depth research within a widespread context of art and design in relation to the womeswear fashion design industry;
- Show the improvement of his/her technical and creative skills used to communicate and explain design concepts in a clear and concise way, thus strengthening a given fashion brand’s identity.
- Evaluate and critically apply theories and techniques for developing new design ideas for the womenswear fashion industry proving his/her creative talent and self management skills.;
- Perform successfully an independent research;
*students who successfully complete the programmes taught in english in paris and london will be awarded with a masters degree by MMU (manchester metropolitan university). masters degrees include a 12/14 weeks work placement. 180 credits points are available in order to gain a masters degree upon successful completion of the course. all candidates should meet specific requirements (please check the website www.mmu.ac.uk/international indicating your nationality and study level); for further details please do not hesitate to contact the information office at the chosen campus.
**students who successfully complete the programmes taught in milano will be awarded with an istituto marangoni certificate.
- Women’s apparel
- Relationship between design and culture
- Visual communication and brand identity
- Research methods
- Final professional project
Locations and Dates
06 oct 2014 - 29 jan 2016
02 feb 2015 - 27 may 2016
06 oct 2014 - 05 jun 2015
06 oct 2014 - 29 jan 2016
This school offers programs in: