Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization and Protocol (MICE) equips students to become business project professionals and directors in the events and protocol sector. It enables students to specialize in all types of management of events, congresses, trade fairs, conventions, etc. On completion of the Master's, students will have a strong command of the concepts of protocol, communication strategies, and public relations. The students will contribute towards tourism development focusing on the business tourism sector.
Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization and Protocol (MICE) is taught in Madrid, a global hub of business tourism. In 2017, Madrid was the venue for a total of 20,320 conferences, making it a highly attractive destination for tourism professionals who are thinking of broadening their knowledge and skills in the field of events organization and management.
This Master is taught in English.
Reasons for taking Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism (MICE)
- Management Experience: The student will develop the basic skills to manage projects effectively, the "Soft Skills".
- Organization of real events.
- Stress management techniques.
Monthly conferences with Directors.
- Program for the development of management skills: Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP).
- The student will have the possibility of holding an International Tourism Residential in Saxion (Holland). (additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Possibility of carrying out part of the program on the other campus of Ostelea. Interchange Barcelona- Madrid (accommodation and displacement not included).
Employability and entrepreneurship
- Training oriented to employability: Itineraries of professional careers, week of employability, employment forum, graduate program, among others (subject to call).
- The student who wants to start his own business will have access to the Entrepreneurs Project to receive advice.
Assistance to fairs
- An extensive program of visits to fairs, events, and organizations.
Other outstanding values
- Ostelea is a member affiliated with the World Tourism Organization (WTO), a benchmark in world tourism governance.
- Ostelea is a member of the Spanish Association of Tourism Professionals (AEPT).
- Languages: English or French to choose from.
The Master in Organization of Events will allow you
- Get to know the mice industry (meetings, incentives, conferencing and exhibitions)
Build a strong base of knowledge of the industry from an international perspective and always from the managerial approach within the hotel management.
- Global vision
To train executives oriented to the business management of the tourist companies capable of obtaining the expected results globally.
- Development of strategic plans
To present the keys to the elaboration of strategic plans and their application to immediate action in MICE environments (Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing, and Exhibitions).
- Innovation and sustainable management
Develop the capacity for creativity and innovation in the industry and its sustainable management through comprehensive and specialized training, qualifying participants for the assumption of positions of responsibility within the hotel management.
- Training of directors
Develop the necessary management skills of a global manager of MICE companies to ensure that collaborative, assertive and participatory work is developed among all team members.
Ostelea offers its students a training aimed at employability so it makes available to students the following services.
TSDP - (Tourism Skills Development Program)
An exclusive program where they will learn to develop their skills and abilities.
The TSDP consists of 55 teaching hours that include (limited places):
- Management Skills
- Public relations
- Advanced Excel
- Turistic marketing
- Employability: 3 workshops focused on candidate selection and improvement processes
- Entrepreneurship: through the Entrepreneurs Project where they will receive advice
- Career Transition: 5 workshops to guide students about their professional future
- (To choose one)
Talent tourism week
With the participation of leading companies in the sector, presenting their employment and internship opportunities, and interviewing students who are potential candidates.
Participating companies post their employment and internship opportunities online and interview our students.
Elaborated by multinational companies (Hilton, Mandarin Oriental, Hotusa, etc.), whose objective is to select the most suitable candidates.
Meetings between national and international companies, where students can learn the profiles most in-demand in the sector.
- Director of establishments focused on business tourism and event organization.
- Hotel establishments dedicated to hosting events, such as congresses, conventions, and conferences.
- Companies that use sponsorship and patronage as a communication tool and need qualified professionals to manage the events they are going to organize or sponsor.
- Departments of public institutions of any field dedicated to the implementation of cultural, patrimonial, and artistic policies.
- Protocol specialists in both private and official events, working in companies or on their own.
- Marketing directors of companies focused on business tourism
Training Plan, Cloister
The Master in Organization of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism of Ostelea is classified into 5 modules:
- Structure and international finance of the tourism sector.
- Talent management and innovation in global contacts.
- Business management of events organization and business tourism in global environments.
- International marketing, protocol, and organization of events and business tourism.
- Master's Thesis.
The Master in Organization of Events, Protocol, and Business Tourism of Ostelea is directed by Ignacio Almirall Arnal, Director of the communication agency D.COMM. With more than 20 years of experience in the field of communication and Public Relations, he has previously worked in the agencies Burson Marsteller, Hill & Knowlton, Weber Shandwick, and Interprofit, where he has managed the communication and Public Relations of many clients, both from the corporate and product point of view, from different sectors, including the tourism sector. He is a Technician in Communication and Public Relations from the School of Public Relations at the University of Barcelona and holds a Certificate in Public Relations from New York University. He has been a professor at the School of Public Relations.
In addition, it should be noted that part of the faculty of the master is integrated into the Multidisciplinary Research Group of Tourism of OSTELEA-EAE (GRIT), which focuses its scientific production in the field of international tourism management.
The admission process guarantees the suitability of the candidates, in this way all the participants will be able to take full advantage of this learning experience.
To start the admission process it is necessary to fill in the information request. From that moment Ostelea will contact the candidate to close an interview to which the following documentation must be submitted:
- University degree
- The Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
After finishing the interview, the Admissions Committee will analyze case by case and communicate the resolution to the candidate to inform him of the status of his admission.
The participant who successfully completes the program on the Barcelona campus will obtain Triple Title:
- Master's Degree in International Tourism Management, with Specialization in International Tourism of Events and Business Tourism, by the University of Lleida (official)
- Master in Organization of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism, by Ostelea School of Tourism & Hospitality (properly)
- Master in Organization of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism, by EAE Business School (properly)
In order to obtain the degrees that EAE and the University grant, it is necessary to comply with the requirements requested by said institutions.
Ostelea offers candidates scholarships that consist of financial aid with the objective of supporting our students.
Each application will be studied independently, it will be granted during the admission process and it will be communicated personally by the Admissions Committee before the formalization of the registration.
Scholarships representing 100% of the total enrollment fee will not be awarded in any case.
The economic aid will be offered in the following cases:
- Advance reservation of place.
- Adequacy of the profile to the requirements of each program.
- Former students of the school. In this case, a 25% discount will be applied to the enrollment.
About the School
Somos un centro universitario internacional especializado en la formación de líderes, directivos y técnicos especializados en la industria del Hospitality