Master in Event Management
This one academic year intensive training program is designed to produce professionals in the field of Event Management. This program is likely to be a particular benefit to students studying courses in hospitality, tourism, project management and related subjects where an appreciation of event management, planning, strategy and project organization is required. Those studying Event Management emerge with business and project management skills of the highest order, ready to face any business challenges. Event management is a professional field of practice that requires sophisticated skills in strategic planning and analysis, risk assessment, marketing, budgeting, cash flow planning, event proposal development and many other topics. The field of Event Management is a business subject with a strong project focus. The skills and knowledge gained in the study of Events Management can be used in a wide range of contexts and can cover such interesting areas as business, sports, and the arts. The tourism impact of events is increasingly attracting the interest of governments seeking to maximize domestic and international tourism revenues. All these are working together to develop Event Management as a professional field and contribute Event Management is one of the most exciting environments to work in.
The main course teaching language is English. The study plan includes a 240-hour module to study a foreign language to choose from Spanish for foreigners, French or Russian. After the theoretic modules are completed, all students have the option to complete an internship period in one of the school's collaborating companies.
This training has been specially devised to teach you all the information and skills you need to become a successful events manager. Instruction is in the form of lectures, learning objectives, video conference classes, case studies and questions of consideration, key ideas, activities and individual assignments. An examination is in the form of written exams and individual and group assignments and workshop exercises.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited DELE & SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
This 1 academic year program provides students with the expertise and professionalism required to succeed in the fast-paced and exciting industry of event management. Students develop a strong foundation for planning events and acquire skills and knowledge in marketing, sponsorship, event logistics, risk management, budgeting, programming, entertainment and people management. Students work in teams to plan and execute an event. An internship placement is available once the program is finished where students benefit from experiential learning and networking with industry representatives.
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
- Master Degree in Event Management
- DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
- French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master Degree or Master Universitario according to the Spanish National framework.
Module I: Strategic & Operational Management
- Event industry knowledge, event concept, event feasibility, events venues and sites
- Event legal compliance, business and client relationship, marketing strategies
- Sponsorship, budgets
- Business risk and events bids
- Project management, promotion and public relations, event staging
- Human Resources Management, people performance
- On-site services, safety, and security, crowd procedures
- Event protocol, event catering
- Environmental Management, event impacts and trends
Module II. Information Technologies in Events Marketing
- Social media for Events promotion
- Effective crowdsourcing
- Events venue design software
- Meeting registration software
- Events promotion tools
- Virtual meetings/events
Module III. Foreign Language Intensive Course I (Spanish, French or Russian)
Official DELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module IV. Spanish/French/Russian Language for the Tourism Sector Module
Module V. Final Project
- Project design
- Research tools
- Personal reflection
- Appropriate questionnaire designs
- Conducting academic research, literature search, and review
- Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
- Managing a research project IV: Production and Operation Management
Module VI: Internship
- Interdisciplinary Exam
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
*One academic hour: 45 minutes
Event management is an industry that is on the move. An exponential growth in events such as talent-hunt competitions, music concerts, fashion shows, academic functions, exhibitions, trade fairs, marathons, sports competitions, the arts sphere, religious gatherings and the like have fuelled the demand for talented event managing personnel. The demand for creative and result oriented event managers is going to continue in the near future.
An organization that is in the event management business offers numerous positions to job seekers. The following are some of the departments in a typical event managing company:
- Public Relations – managing a vast gamut of people ranging from clients, artists, stage performers, government officials, public and so on.
- Promotion and Marketing – for promoting the image of the organization and also for marketing the event to the public at large.
- Brand Development – a talent pool that is responsible for managing client requirements pertaining to brand restructuring.
- Designing – a team of creative people who visualize and then prepare design layouts for the stage, costumes, accessories and so on.
- Administration – a department that is responsible for back office and general administrative tasks.
- Production – a team comprising of media professionals who manage the production and editing of audio video related media.
- Logistics – operational department in event management.
To enroll in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
- to fill the online application form below
- submit the requested documents:
- passport copy
- last studies transcript
- English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done.
5 Reasons To Choose HTL International School
- All programs are given in English.
- All programs include an intensive teaching of Spanish from any level. You don’t need to know Spanish when you enroll in the program.
- All programs include paid training practices. We have many offers from national and international companies asking for trainees.
- You can switch campuses, to be able to learn the geography of Spain.
- The price of the program is 50% cheaper than in any other schools.
Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Lloret de Mar
Instruction language: ENGLISH
Second language: SPANISH. for Foreigners, FRENCH or RUSSIAN
1 Year Professional Program
Intakes: October, January, April, July
Timetable: mornings or evenings
Load hours: minimum 72 ECTS
Enrolment fee: 200 euros
Tuition fee: 3.000 euros or 2 installment payments of 1.750 euros (only for non-visa students)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 25, 2018