Our country is an international reference in business tourism, driven to a great extent by the attractiveness of cities such as Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga and Seville. According to studies carried out, business and event tourism is an important indicator of the dynamism and degree of international openness, and it is expected that by 2020, global business travel expenses will reach 1.6 trillion euros.
This sector is one of the areas of greatest projection within the tourism and hotel sector, which requires specialized and trained professionals.
This Master focuses on providing the student with specific knowledge in the field of tourism, which enables professionally to carry out any type of event, public or private, large or small.
- Qualification: The degree awarded by the University of Girona is an own title issued by the University of Girona Foundation, fully recognized. (* Pending approval by the UdG)
- Duration of the Program: 1 academic year (12 months)
- Start: October 2019
Characteristics of the Program
- Real business perspective: Thanks to our teaching staff, made up of expert professionals in the tourism sector, the student will obtain a real and current vision of the events sector and will learn all the phases of its creation and the protocol that is applied in them .
- Specific knowledge: Acquire the specific knowledge and tools necessary to meet the needs of the current tourism company, especially hotel companies, event agencies, communication departments and public and private organizations in general.
- Practical application: Professionally train the student to carry out the tourism management work demanded by the current company in a highly competitive market, the result of globalization.
- Trends: Know and discover the latest trends in the field of innovation, new technologies and strategies that marketing departments of tourism companies apply in the creation of events.
- Final Master Project: Design and develop a final Master project where the student will reflect the knowledge acquired throughout the program, and its application and practical implementation.
- Typology of Events
- Introduction to Tourist Marketing
- Management of Social Networks in tourist environments
- Public relations
- Marketing and Communication Department
- Management and business initiative
- Event planning
- Planning and Logistics of Events
- Financial management for events
- Human Resources and Leadership
- Final Master Project
- Official University Degree
- Copy Passport / DNI / NIE
- Curriculum Vitae with photography
- Motivation letter
- Director of congresses and conventions
- Directors of the MICE department
- Directors of events
- Organizer and event planner: musical, sports, tourist, business
- Wedding planner
- Director of Public Institutions
- Head of Public Relations or Institutional Relations
- Protocol responsible
- Manager of public or private events
- MICE project manager and specialist
- Communication, Marketing or logistics in event agencies
- Entrepreneurs within the events sector
- Consultant / Freelance
Labor insertion and practices
The student of this Master can perform extracurricular practices in companies voluntarily and optionally, as long as these are carried out during the program period.
The collaboration of EUROAULA with HOSCO Hospitality Connection, portal of offers of internships and job offers in the international tourism sector, provides our students with more than 2,500 international internship offers per year and more than 850 tourism companies.
Program taught in: