Master in Event Management, Protocol and Business Tourism (MICE)
This program will be conducted in English in Madrid
The objective of Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism is to equip professionals and executives to lead business projects focused on planning and managing various types of events (in particular, Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE), as well as congresses, conventions and trade fairs), ensuring that they have a firm grasp of the concepts of protocol and communications and public relations strategies, and enabling them to generate tourism development specializing in the quality business tourism sector. The program also ensures that participants have the business perspective required to be efficient in the decision-making process.
Reasons for taking Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism (MICE):
- In-company Master’s Thesis: The Master’s Thesis is based on a real company in the sector.
- Spain is the 3rd leading country in the world terms of the greatest number of conferences. Two Spanish cities feature in the Top 5 cities in the world hosting most events: Madrid and Barcelona.
- Organization of real events: Students taking the Master take charge of organizing the School’s event and protocol.
INSIGHT INTO THE MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing, and Exhibitions) industry and the Protocol Department of Institutions. Building a firm knowledge base in the tourism industry from an international perspective and always with an executive approach.
SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION AND MANAGEMENT
Developing the capacity for creativity and innovation in the industry and its sustainable management through comprehensive and specialist training, equipping participants to take on positions of responsibility.
Training directors equipped to manage events companies, conventions business tourism and institutions, and who are able to achieve the expected results at a global level.
Developing the executive skills required of a global manager of MICE companies to enable them to work cooperatively, assertively and participative with all of the members of the team.
DEVELOPMENT OF STRATEGIC PLANS
Learning the key factors in drafting strategic and immediate action plans in MICE settings (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions).
Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism is divided into 5 modules:
- Structure and finance of the tourism sector.
- Talent management and innovation.
- Management of events organization and business tourism companies in global settings
- International marketing, protocol for events and business tourism
- Master’s Thesis.
Professional Careers Service
- Employment Exchange
- Employment Workshops
- Company Meetings
- Graduate Program
- Weekly Newsletter
- 4th Year Degree Entrepreneurs Series
- Online Employment Forum
- Cultural Events Organization being commissioned by private and public companies or private clients.
- Events organization, design, and management, conducting feasibility, profitability and ROI studies.
- Public institution departments at a state, regional, provincial and municipal level focused on the implementation of cultural, heritage, and artistic policies through the design, planning, and management of events in this field.
- Companies specializing in the organization of trade fairs and other commercial promotion events in the field of public relations.
- Hotel establishments specializing in hosting events such as congresses, conventions, and conferences.
Admission and Qualification
The admission process ensures the candidates’ suitability and, as a result, all of the participants can make the very most of this learning experience.
To begin the admission process, candidates must complete the information request form.
After that, Ostelea gets in contact with the candidate to schedule an interview, to which they must bring the following documentation:
- University qualification.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation letter.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- English certification or interview in English.
After completing the interview, Admissions Committee analyses the applications, case by case, and notifies the candidate of its decision and informs them of their admission status.
Participants who successfully complete the program at the Madrid campus will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION
- The qualification of Master in Events Organization, Protocol, and Business Tourism from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality.
- The qualification of Master in Events Organization, Protocol, and Business Tourism from EAE Business School.
- The qualification from the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
In order to receive the qualifications granted by EAE and the University, participants must fulfill the requirements stipulated by these institutions.
The Master is designed for university graduates. Professional experience is not essential. Language certification or interview in English.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 30, 2018