Why this study program?
The objective of this joint master study program is to prepare highly qualified business law specialists, who are able to provide legal advice in the transnational and European business environment, to explain the latest business law issues and trends, to analyse and assess business-related legal situations, promptly and effectively deal with legal problems faced by business, conduct research and provide suggestions for the legislator on the improvement of business environment regulation.
- Competitive knowledge – this program is for the ambitious, future leaders who will be able to work in a multicultural environment in the private (law firms, business advising companies, financial institutions, etc.) and public sector (national, European and international institutions promoting, supervising or monitoring business), in commercial litigation bodies or to provide independent business legal consulting services.
- International studies – held in Vilnius (Lithuania) and in Chambery (France).
- Two diplomas of EU Member States universities are obtained.
- Renowned experts in the field – the majority of subjects are covered by the practicing lawyers, judges of the Supreme Court and other experienced and qualified experts from Lithuania, France, as well as by visiting professors from other countries (U.S., Belgium, etc.).
- Traineeship – acquiring practical skills in enterprises, law firms or other organizations acting in the field of business law.
During studies at MRU tuition fee is paid to MRU only, during the semester in France tuition fee is paid to Savoie Mont Blanc University only
- Bachelor's degree in law or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration;
- English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe). Distant English language level test is organized for those, who do not possess IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
- Up to 30 students according to their study results and motivation are admitted for 2nd study year at USMB. Those who will not go to France for the third semester will be able to finish their studies in specialization “European and International Business Law” (only MRU diploma).
International mobility possibilities
The international mobility is required. 1st and 2nd semester are carried out at MRU (in Vilnius, Lithuania) and MRU is responsible for the implementation of these semesters, meanwhile, 3rd semester is carried out at Savoie Mont Blanc University (in Chambery, France). 4th semester is intended for a traineeship and writing of Master's thesis and students may spend it in a selected country. Savoie University is responsible for the proper implementation of 3rd and 4th semesters. For the semesters in France and the traineeship, students can apply for Erasmus+ scholarship.
Graduates will be able to work in the private sector (e.g., in law firms, business advising companies, in various international and national organizations having business relations and interests in foreign countries, banks and other financial institutions, insurance companies, notaries' offices, etc.), as well as in public sector (national, European and international institutions promoting business growth, business supervising and monitoring agencies), in academic and research institutions, also in commercial litigation bodies (institutions of pre-trial dispute settlement, tribunals, courts of arbitration) and other organizations (such as associations promoting and defending interests and rights of consumers and employees). In addition, diploma holders will be able to work as independent consultants or set up their own companies providing legal business consulting services.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2018