The objective of this joint master study program is to prepare highly qualified business law specialists, who are able to provide legal advice in the transnational and European business environment, to explain the latest business law issues and trends, to analyse and assess business-related legal situations, promptly and effectively deal with legal problems faced by business, conduct research and provide suggestions for the legislator on the improvement of business environment regulation.
Why study this Program?
- Competitive knowledge – this Program is for the ambitious, future leaders who will be able to work in a multicultural environment in the private (law firms, business advising companies, financial institutions, etc.) and public sector (national, European and international institutions promoting, supervising or monitoring business), in commercial litigation bodies or to provide independent business legal consulting services.
- International studies – held in Vilnius, Lithuania (MRU) and in France, Chambery (USMB).
- Two diplomas of EU Member States universities are obtained: Master in Law (LL.M.) by MRU and Master2 by USMB.
- Renowned experts in the field – the majority of subjects are covered by the academics who are also practicing lawyers, judges of the Supreme Court and other experienced and qualified experts from Lithuania, France, as well as by visiting professors from other countries (U.S., UK, Belgium, Austria, etc.).
- Traineeship – acquiring practical skills in enterprises, law firms or other organizations acting in the field of business law across Europe.
International Mobility Possibilities
International mobility is required. 1st and 2nd semester are carried out at MRU (in Vilnius, Lithuania) and MRU is responsible for the implementation of these semesters, meanwhile, the 3rd semester is carried out at University of Savoie Mont Blanc (in Chambery, France). 4th semester is intended for a traineeship and writing of Master's thesis and students may spend it in a selected country. Savoie University is responsible for the proper implementation of 3rd and 4th semesters. For the semesters in France and the traineeship, students can apply for Erasmus+ scholarship.
Graduates will be able to work in the private sector (e.g., in law firms, business advising companies, in various international and national organizations having business relations and interests in foreign countries, banks and other financial institutions, insurance companies, notaries' offices, etc.), as well as in public sector (national, European and international institutions promoting business growth, business supervising and monitoring agencies), in academic and research institutions, also in commercial litigation bodies (institutions of pre-trial dispute settlement, tribunals, courts of arbitration) and other organizations (such as associations promoting and defending interests and rights of consumers and employees). In addition, diploma holders will be able to work as independent consultants or set up their own companies providing legal business consulting services.
Bachelor's degree of law or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration.
English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe). Distant English language level test is organized for those, who do not possess IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
Up to 30 students according to their study results and motivation are admitted for 2nd study year at USMB. Those who will not go to France for the third semester will be able to finish their studies in the specialization “European and International Business Law” (only MRU diploma)
Application Procedure and Required Documents
Follow 4 steps:
- Fill out the online application form at apply.mruni.eu
- Upload the required documents.
- Secure your registration by paying the application fee.
- Submit your application.
- Educational documents
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of secondary education diploma or high education diploma with the transcript of academic records. Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Note: Additional educational documents (such as the results of state examinations or pre-University education) might be required according to the applicant's country of residence.
- For Masters degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of university transcript and diploma (a candidate must have a University Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration). Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Document proving the results of the English language proficiency.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: at least level B1; assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level
- For Master degree-seeking students: at least level B2, assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2: TOEFL Paper 513-547, TOEFL IBT 65-78, IELTS 5.5-6.0.
- Note: in case you do not have IELTS or TOEFL, there is a possibility to take the online English language level test organized by the University. You should choose this option when filling the application. There is no additional fee for this test.
- Passport copy.
- Passport type photo.
- Notarized letter of sponsorship from parents/sponsors and the letter from a bank about their financial abilities (showing incomes from the last 3 months).
About the School
Located just outside the city center, Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) is one of the most international universities in Lithuania, currently having about 8,000 students from 48 countries. The universi ... Read More