Justification and Purpose
The Master Programme in European Union Policies and Territorial Cooperation is a joint programme under the umbrella of the University of Minho (EEG and ICS), Portugal, and the University of Vigo, Spain, along with the support of the European Centre of Excellence (EEET).
It intends to contribute to the development and updating of knowledge on the policies of the European Union and Territorial Co-operation. Its specific objectives are listed below:
- Deepen the issues of development and social inequalities, the environment and social change, of the territorial dynamics and processes of globalisation;
- Provide in-depth knowledge about the institutional system of the EU and its political processes (actors, contexts and agendas);
- Increase awareness of the philosophy, standards, financial instruments and, in particular, the initiatives that characterise the European agenda;
- Analyse the characteristics, earnings and deficits of territorial co-operation promoted by the EU;
- Project the territorial co-operation in the framework of the European Union, and with respect to the Euroregion Galicia-Northern Portugal, to deepen knowledge of this reality in the social, economic, political, cultural and administrative dimension.
It is a three-semester-long Master Programme which accounts for 90 ECTS. The two first semesters are devoted to the programme coursework, whereas the completion of the third semester may occur in the format of an internship in an institution/company, or a project work. The completion of the coursework awards the student with a Specialisation Diploma in European Union Policies and Territorial Co-operation (60 ECTS). The completion of the three-semester-long programme (90 ECTS) awards the student with a Master Degree Diploma in European Union Policies and Territorial Co-operation.
In addition to an innovative curriculum, this programme offers the possibility to exchange faculty and students. In the first semester, the University of Vigo faculty collaborates in delivering mandatory course units at the University of Minho, and in the second one, students may select courses (optional) which are delivered at the University of Vigo.
Are you looking for a sound inter-university and international programme that enhances the prospects of your future career? The Master Programme in European Union Policies and Territorial Co-operation of the EEG-ICS has been designed for you.
This school offers programs in:
- Portuguese (Portugal)
Last updated January 30, 2018