The program European Union Law and Governance (EULAWG) prepares students to work in a variety of legal practices within the field of European Law and policies. It is meant to develop the skills of future professionals of EU law and governance of conceptual thinking, identifying the problems of EU legal regulation as well as the tendencies for the development of EU law and policies and suggesting motivated solutions on various problems of implementation of EU law and of EU governance. Due to teachers’ mobility, this program is offered in the full-time form only.
Executed jointly by Mykolas Romeris University (Vilnius, Lithuania) and University of Bordeaux (Bordeaux, France). The lectures are given by specialists from France, Lithuania and other countries by Lawyers and Economists, academics and professionals.
International Mobility Possibilities
Students can participate in the ERASMUS+ mobility program which gives a possibility to study at a university abroad for 1 or 2 semesters and do an internship in another country.
Having completed the Master's Degree study program, one can work in international law offices of governmental institutions, international organizations, European Union’s institutions, also as judges of courts (first instance courts, appeal courts, courts of the final instance), also practice in private enterprises, lobbies and Bar.
Bachelor's degree of law or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration (Master 1 for French applicants).
English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe). Distant English language level test is organized for those, who do not possess IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
Application Procedure and Required Documents
Follow 4 steps:
- Fill out the online application form at apply.mruni.eu
- Upload required documents.
- Secure your registration by paying the application fee.
- Submit your application.
- Educational documents.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of secondary education diploma or high education diploma with the transcript of academic records. Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Note: Additional educational documents (such as the results of state examinations or pre-University education) might be required according to the applicant's country of residence.
- For Masters degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of university transcript and diploma (a candidate must have a University Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration). Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Document proving the results of the English language proficiency.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: at least level B1; assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level
- For Master degree-seeking students: at least level B2, assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2: TOEFL Paper 513-547, TOEFL IBT 65-78, IELTS 5.5-6.0.
- Note: in case you do not have IELTS or TOEFL, there is a possibility to take the online English language level test organized by the University. You should choose this option when filling the application. There is no additional fee for this test.
- Passport copy.
- Passport type photo.
- Notarized letter of sponsorship from parents/sponsors and the letter from a bank about their financial abilities (showing incomes from the last 3 months).