- Faculty name: Faculty of History, International Relations, Political Sciences and Communication Sciences
- Study domain: International Relations and European Studies
- Name of the university program: European Studies
Short description of the university program:
European Studies (in Romanian and English) program aims to analyze the national and transnational developments on the European continent seen as a whole and its mission is the interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary training of future specialists in the field of European studies in order for them to develop the capacity to understand and communicate with people belonging to different cultural environments, to lead and organize international teams, to develop abilities in managing the relations with partners and mass media against the European background.
- Type of studies: Full-time
- The standard length of studies (in years): 2
- Number of ECTS credits: 120
- 1st of October - end of February - courses, exam session, the holiday for students and session for retakes - first semester.
- End of February - mid of June – courses, exam session, the holiday for students, summer practice - second semester.
- Mid of June – mid of September – session for retakes, Dissertation exams.
Candidates choosing specializations taught in English will have to pass an interview before the entrance exam. Eligible candidates: Candidates from the European Union, the European Economic Area, and the Swiss Confederation; Candidates who have graduated from a high-school or college accredited in their country and acknowledged by the Romanian Ministry of National Education; Candidates from non-European Union countries; Candidates who have graduated from a high-school or college accredited in their country and offers access of the candidate for the chosen education program.
Please check our website for further information.
Usually, there are two admission sessions: in July and in September. The admission for EU, EEA, and Swiss Confederation candidates has 2 stages: Obtaining the recognition of previous studies from the Ministry of National Education (Certificate issued by the National Centre for the Recognition and Equivalence of Diplomas). Participation of the candidates to the admission organized by the University of Oradea. For more information, see our website. Candidates from non-European Union countries or candidates who have graduated from a high-school or college accredited in their country must submit documents authenticated by the Romanian Embassy/Consulate directly to the International Relations Department, Office for Foreign Students. Candidates send their files directly to the University who evaluates the files and sends the list of the proposed candidates to the Ministry of National Education – General Direction for International Relations in order to issue the letter of acceptance. The General Direction for International Relations will issue the Letter of acceptance to studies and will send it to the University. The selection will be done at the level of each faculty and specialization.
Call for applications:
- Registration and admission exam: mid of July – end of July.
- Final results: the beginning of August.
- Registration and admission exam: first week of September - mid of September.
- Final results: end of September.
- Registration fee: 150 RON (approximately 30 Euro)
- Appeals fee: 150 RON (approximately 30 Euro)
- Matriculation fee: 100 RON (approximately 25 Euro)
- 150 Euro: processing file fee for recognition of studies for foreign candidates.
- 3300 RON (our national currency)/year: for Romanian and EU candidates;
- 297 euro/month x 9 months = 2673 EUR/year: for non-EU candidates.
Fee for the preparatory language course (if necessary):
- 250 EUR / month x 9 months = 2250 EUR / preparatory year: for non-EU candidates;
- 2700 RON (our national currency)/preparatory year: for EU candidates.
No of available state subsidized places, Grants scholarships, and program administrative costs:
- Students who come from an EU country have the same rights and obligations as Romanian students including the tuition fee, accommodation fee, etc.
About the School
The mission of the University of Oradea is to provide education and research to a high standard of quality in a national and international context of social, professional and, last but not least, inte ... Read More