Taught in the heart of one of the principal institutional centers of the European Union, the University of Luxembourg’s innovative new bilingual (English/French) Master in European Governance distinctively combines:
- a strong core of teaching on European Politics and Policy
- a broader interdisciplinary curriculum on European integration;
- a series of practitioner-led seminars providing unique insight into the processes of European decision-making.
The Master’s degree builds upon the research programme in European Governance established in 2004, which brings together over 25 collaborators (http://europa.uni.lu).
The principal objective of the Master in European Governance is to educate experts in European public policy, providing an advanced-level training in Political Science complemented by a wider interdisciplinarity. The programme permits students:
- To acquire an advanced-level knowledge of the functioning of the institutional system of the European Union, as well as of a wider range of European public policies (particularly in the areas of economic, social and environmental policy).
- To benefit from a solid disciplinary grounding in Political Science complemented by an awareness of interdisciplinary research methods
- To develop transferable skills (data analysis; report-writing; oral presentation, etc.)
- To familiarise themselves with the working methods of the European institutions and/or of private sector firms (including internship possibilities)
- To profit from the experience of a bilingual educational and working environment, situated within a wider multilingual context
- European institutions
- National, regional and local administrations
- Multinational corporations
- Non-governmental organizations
About the School
University of Luxembourg, Faculty of Language And Literature, Humanities, Arts And Education (FLSHASE)
The Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences is one of the three faculties of the University of Luxembourg.