This master's degree proposes an in-depth exploration of the main formats of ephemeral architecture and temporary spaces: from events and pop-ups to exhibitions and interventions in public spaces.
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering","author_url":"","source":"©ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering"}" />
- Qualification: Master in Ephemeral Architecture and Temporary Spaces, own title issued by the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF).
- Direction: Roger Paez and Toni Montes
- ECTS credits: 60
- Duration: October 2020 to July 2021; Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 17: 00-21: 15.
- Price: October 2020: € 11,000 (+ € 450 pre-registration)
- Language: English
- Access and admission requirements: Official university degree or equivalent. Knowledge of CAD, 3D modeling, graphic design software, drawing and physical modeling.
How can we reconsider the objectives, methodologies, and results of spatial architecture and design practices in the era where "temporal is the new permanent"? In the Master in Ephemeral Architecture and Temporary Spaces you will find the balance between the available resources and the temporary projects.
The design of temporary spaces is an increasingly relevant activity, covering a wide range of well-established formats both in the cultural field and in the business world.
The Master in Ephemeral Architecture and Temporary Spaces (known as MEATS) proposes an in-depth exploration of the main formats of temporary spaces (events, pop-ups, interventions in public spaces and exhibitions) with the aim of providing students with conceptual tools and general instrumentals, dealing with all phases of design from conceptualization to specific detailed resolution.
The Master establishes a firm connection between academic training (research) and praxis (construction), with the aim of expanding students' understanding, developing their specialization, and placing them in a growing labor market.
Information session video
The main objective of the Master in Ephemeral Architecture and Temporary Spaces (MEATS) is the comprehensive training of students in the field of temporary space design.
This training involves the acquisition of the following skills:
- Creative ability
- Strategic thinking ability
- Research capacity
- Ability to multidisciplinary work and negotiation with other agents in the design process
- Ability to present and communicate designs
- Ability to develop material solutions for designs
- Ability to create design proposals
The thematic and methodological structure is organized to fulfill this main objective, to guarantee that the students who pass the Master will acquire a professional profile of high added value specialized in the design of temporary spaces in all different formats.
In addition to postgraduate academic preparation, the Master in Ephemeral Architecture and Temporary Spaces provides practical training through the construction of many of the design proposals, thus providing students with specialized professional experience that positions them very well in the market. for the design of temporary spaces.
- Advanced knowledge of the theory of design of temporary spaces and its various formats.
- Specialization in the emerging professional field in the field of ephemeral architecture and the design of temporary spaces.
- Advanced skills in strategic design thinking and conceptualization.
- Advanced skills in the development of both applied research and practice-oriented projects.
- Theoretical-practical knowledge in graphic mediation systems: maps, diagrams, scores, scripts and protocols.
- Advanced skills in graphic presentations of high added value through multiple formats and softwares .
- Ability to develop physical prototypes using the ELISAVA Lab's advanced tools (3D printing, laser cutter, CNC milling machines, vacuum molding, steel and wood working machines).
- Practical knowledge of temporary space design construction systems.
- Ability to prepare professional presentations and communicate projects to clients.
- Real experiences of teamwork, from external collaborators from the concept design phase to construction (pop-ups, events, artistic installations, exhibitions and temporary public space projects).
- Skills in the organization of teamwork oriented to research, and in planning and coordination.
About the School
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering is a university center founded in 1961 and it is the oldest school of design in Spain. ELISAVA is among the 100 best schools of design and architectu ... Read More