The Graduate Schools of Engineering (established in 1967) and Science (established in 1978) were unified, and the Graduate School of Science and Engineering of Ehime University started in 1996. This Graduate School was reorganized in 2006.
The main educational objective is to offer opportunities for professional development and career enhancement to the students through lectures and research activities, which range widely from basic science to practical engineering fields. Interdisciplinary researches between science and technology can also be carried out easily as well as cooperative or project researches in the Graduate School.
This division conducts, on the basis of physics, chemistry and biology and their interdisciplinary field, cutting-edge studies on the structure and variation mechanisms of the environment and ecosystems in coastal waters and their related environmental issues, and pollution and toxic effects of hazardous chemicals on a regional and a global scale. Students can mainly study environmental dynamics, environmental chemistry and environmental biology.
- Simulation of the Kuroshio, Interaction of the Kuroshio and coastal water, Marine environmental prediction of Seto Inland Sea
- Studies on variability in ocean currents using remote sensing and hydrographic observation, and material cycle in coastal seas.
- Quaternary sciences, a long-term variability of climates, marine and lake ecosystems
- Ecotoxicology of wildlife and species-diversity of disruption of the cellular signaling pathway by environmental chemicals
- Development of analytical methods for novel environmental contaminants with hormone-like activity and its application to ecotoxicology
- Studies on species-differences of xenobiotic metabolic capacity for environmental pollutants in wildlife
- Analysis of material cycle and energy flow of aquatic ecosystems including fluvial, estuary, and coastal marine ecosystems.
- Outbreak mechanisms of fish infectious diseases by marine environmental changes