Graduate Institute of Environmental Engineering (GIEE) was expanded from the Environmental Engineering Division affiliated with the Department of Civil Engineering. Currently, we have 10 full-time faculty members, 12 adjunct professors, 185 graduate students, and over 613 alumni. We aim to train professionals to be capable of analyzing and solving a wide range of environmental problems, to develop advanced, effective technologies and solutions for a sustainable environment and to assist the government and industry in building a green society and developing green production technologies, respectively.
Because of the multidisciplinary credentials of its faculty and the first-rate quality of its research facilities, the GIEE attracts high-caliber students from a variety of engineering and science disciplines. In return, the strong and unique engineering education received by the alumni has led the GIEE to attain a reputation for excellence from industry and government. With these efforts made in the past 20 years, the GIEE has become one of the most prestigious environmental institutes in Taiwan.
- Environmental Systems Analysis
- Chemical Processes of Environmental Engineering
- Physical Processes of Environmental Engineering
- Biological Processes of Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Statistics
- Principle of Environmental Sampling and Analysis
- Environmental Fates and Remedial Technologies for Contaminated Soils
- Sustainable Energy and the Environment
- Aerosol Science & Technology
- Industrial Pollution Prevention and Control
- Environmental Ecology
- Air Quality and Resource Management
Requirements for Graduation
Required credits: 30 credits (excluding research, seminar and undergraduate courses)
Duration of Study: 1-4 years
Other requirements: Take at least 2 Chinese language courses offered by the language center or pass the TOCFL test level 1. Pass an oral defense of a thesis.
Research Facilities & Labs
- Environmental Microbiology Laboratory
- Physicochemical Treatment Laboratory
- Aerosol Science and Technology Laboratory
- Air Pollution Control Research Laboratory
- Laboratory for Micro-contaminant Sampling and Analysis
- Research Proposal,
- Two Letters of Recommendation,
- TOEFL or Other Evidence of English Proficiency,
- Evidence of Chinese Proficiency.
Program taught in: