The aim of the master’s degree is to prepare professionals in the field of energy, environment and sustainable production with rigorous scientific and technical background, capable of providing a flexible and multidisciplinary response to the challenges of building a sustainable society through the conception, design, evaluation, implementation, and management of environmentally friendly processes, consumption of natural resources and health.
- DOW Chemical
- Cairo University
The external work experience program is compulsory and consists of 12 ECTS credits. The aim is for students to be able to apply and supplement the knowledge they have accumulated during the course so that they can acquire the competencies that will prepare them for a professional career, improve their employment prospects and stimulate their entrepreneurial skills.
The work experience program lasts for at least 4-6 months (from July or September to January) and students work in companies such as Repsol, Technip, SCA, Clariant, DOW, environmental consultants or research centers such as IREC or IMDEA, or the university. Students do their master's degree thesis at the same time, with a joint workload of 600 hours.
Angie Warren / Unsplash
The University Master's Degree in Environmental Engineering and Sustainable Energy provides you the training to be qualified for jobs as:
- Responsible for Energy, Environment and Quality Departments.
- Responsible for Energy Production Plants (cogeneration, combined cycles, wind farms, photovoltaic farms, industrial organization).
- Responsible for Waste Treatment Plants.
- Responsible for Wastewater Treatment Plants.
- Technician in Engineering, Consulting and Certification Companies.
- R&D&I Laboratories and Institutes.
- Secondary and High Education Teaching.
- Creation of their own enterprises.
- Realization of projects on request.
The Masters is aimed at students with prior background in the field of engineering and architecture or in the field of Science: Graduates and Engineers in general, with a basic training in science and technology, to ensure adequate knowledge on the basis of which acquire advanced specialization in the technological application of environmental engineering and sustainable energy.
Specific documentation required
To be admitted to the program, in addition to the compulsory general documentation for a master's program, you must submit a:
- Motivation letter/statement of intent for academic coordination.
- Proof of competence in English (level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). If you are not able to certify it, you are going to be asked for an interview where reading, writing and speaking in the English language are going to be evaluated.
Optionally you can also submit:
- Complimentary Training (courses, seminars or other training activities accredited documentarily) related to the content of the Master's program and professional experience.
- Foreign stays (certified min. 12 weeks), recommendation letters or letters of reference.
Criteria of selection
- Bachelor Degree (up to a maximum of 30 points, on the basis of the following order):
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering: up to a maximum of 30 points.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Architecture: up to a maximum of 25 points 25.
- Other: 0 points.
- Evaluation of the transcript of the official university degree that gives access to the master's program: up to a maximum of 40 points.
- Competence in English higher than the minimum level required (level B2). If you don’t own a certificate, you will be asked to do an interview evaluating oral comprehension, writing and reading: up to a maximum of 10 points.
- Complimentary Training related to the content of the Master's program and professional experience (proof must be provided): up to a maximum of 10 points.
- Other activities, such as foreign stays, motivation, recommendation letters, personal interview: up to a maximum of 10 points.
However, if all the places offered were not covered, provided the access and admission requirements are met, the admission authority may admit you without prioritizing on the basis of merit.
About the School
We are a young and dynamic university serving the needs of society, with an international outlook and a close relationship with our immediate socioeconomic environment.