Application deadline is extended until May 31st, 2017
Main contact: doc. Mgr. Světlana Hanušová, Ph.D. (Head of English Department, Faculty of Education)
The program is designed to provide education for teachers of the English language. The curriculum includes courses in the areas of practical language, linguistics, literature and culture, and ELT methodology. Emphasis is put on the methodological implications of all the disciplines and their practical application to the students’ teaching practice at lower secondary schools.
The host department is the Department of English Language and Literature and it offers both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs.
Graduates are able to
- Use spoken and written English language at C1+ level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and apply the acquired knowledge in their own teaching.
- Understand the essentials of main linguistic fields.
- Analyze literary texts and use them creatively in their own teaching
- Choose and critically evaluate relevant teaching materials for lower secondary schools and design their own materials.
- Plan lessons, and combine various methods and forms of teaching including current approaches (project teaching, e-learning), and assess them critically.
Graduates of the master’s program are equipped with the necessary competences to enable them to work as lower secondary English teachers or English teachers at language schools. They are also qualified for work in out-of-school institutions (e.g. leisure time centres). They can also be employed in non-teaching positions requiring an excellent knowledge of English (e.g. in public administration).
- Submit an electronic application at https://is.muni.cz/application/info.pl?lang=en;op=n;utyp=
- A legalized copy of a Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
- A motivation letter explaining why you wish to study in English Language Teacher Education program (max. 500 words)
- Demonstrate English language skills at the C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference of Language by submitting a certificate proving your English skills
You should send the documents in English to the Office for Studies, Faculty of Education, Masaryk University, Porici 7, 603 00 Brno, Czech Republic by 31 May 2017.
All certificates and transcripts of records must be nostrified. It means you must submit your Bachelor’s degree for official recognition by the Czech Republic’s Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. As this process can take several months, it is recommended to submit the paperwork required for the nostrification concurrently with your application.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017