Master's Degree in Engineering and Technology
Course - Materials Science
Program objective and conception
Metals, metal alloys, composite materials are the main materials of modern technology. Therefore, the development of physical principles in order to create materials with given properties and technologies of their production is, obviously, relevant and cost-effective trend of modern science and technology. All students, having fundamental knowledge in materials science, methods of numerical modeling and computer-aided design, are required to provide with modern experimental and structural analysis skills. The marketing analysis shows that the master’s graduate programs in this area will be of high demand in the international market of education services.
The objective of the program leading to the Master’s degree in Engineering and Technology is to train specialists in the field of modern materials, new materials creation, their properties study, the development of their production technologies, materials with the given properties designing on the basis of computer-aided technologies.
As a graduate of Master's Degree Program in Materials Science, you will be prepared to demonstrate the ability to:
- carry out research activity in the field of modern materials, creation of new materials, study of their properties, development of production technologies, materials designing with given properties on the basis of computer-aided technologies;
- carry out production and engineering activities ensuring the implementation and operation of new high technology developments, which are of great demand in the world market in the areas of production, utilization and diagnostics of nanomaterials and coatings;
- search and acquire new information needed to solve engineering problems in the knowledge integration relating to their field of activity, participate in innovation activities of enterprises and organizations, including transnational companies.
The master's degree program consists of 4 semesters:
- four core subjects in the first semester;
- three modules in the 2 and 3semesters;
- research activity in the last semester.
The course lasts two years. Full-time education.
Applicants to a Master's Degree in Materials Science program should hold a Bachelor's degree in a related subject with good results.
Master's entrance examination is carried out in written form.