Master's Degree in Engineering
Course - Standardization and Metrology
Solving the problems of integration interaction in the international community is impossible without the expert participation in the field of metrology, standardization, confirmation and quality control in production systems. The conformity assessment procedures can make a major contribution to the achievement of specific objectives of the countries national policies, the abolition of trade barriers. They can balance the free circulation of commodities in the domestic market with the requirement to provide a "high level of health, safety, and environmental protection and advocate consumer interests".
Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University offers a master's degree for students interested in standardization, metrology, and certification.
Master's Degree Program covers a broad range of subjects which provide students with the foundation in the field of standardization, metrology, and certification of quality control for the metalworking industries.
The program's special focus is on:
- providing the students with skills and knowledge in the field of metrology software, metrological control, and monitoring, aimed at traceability maintaining, of products ( services) quality and safety, high economic efficiency for producers and consumers based on modern methods of quality control subject to operational and safety requirements;
- development of skills of quality management system component design, relating to the specific production conditions and products sales based on domestic and international regulations;
- involving in research activity and the development of complex applied problems in the field of metrology, standardization, certification and quality management;
- practical skills in the design, research, and maintenance of conformity assessment systems of products, processes, and services;
- providing the students with skills for professional practice in research and teaching in the field of metrology, standardization, certification and quality management.
The master's degree program consists of 4 semesters:
- three core subjects with a specific focus on general academic subjects in the first and third semesters
- five core subjects with a specific focus on professional subjects in the first and third semesters
- More than ten subjects of variable part in the first, second and third semesters
- research and teaching activities in the third and fourth semesters
Applicants to a Master's Degree in Materials Science program should hold a Bachelor's degree in a related subject with good results.
Master's entrance examination is carried out in written form.
Last updated January 28, 2018