Master in Emotional & Wellbeing Design
“Salus per aquam”, health through water: The concept of wellbeing today comes through synesthesia of luxury and body awareness. The aim of the course emotional & wellbeing design is to design spaces for spas and bespoke bathrooms through these two concepts rooted in contemporary trends in wellbeing and the technologies now available on the market.
The master is intended for those learners who already have a basis in planning and design for interiors, but who would like to deepen their knowledge in the new philosophy of living within wellbeing spaces. The course offers learners a complete preparation through an advanced understanding of wellness design with fine examples throughout history and social culture. Learners will gain knowledge and analysis of the twists and turns of the market as well as its continual evolution for desireable living for the client.
Therefore beginning with the history and the culture of wellbeing centres throughout the world, the course will analyse the use of natural materials such as stone or wood and the place for them in the planning and designing of these spaces. Learners will study their use in environments subject to high temperatures, as well as the study of sensory design solutions in colour and sound that contribute to evoking a sense of wellbeing for the body, mind and spirit. The subject of the master’s will cover the disciplines of design, architecture, materials, trends and luxury for wellbeing.
The spa and wellbeing designer operates everywhere that is dedicated to wellbeing and physical health; such as fitness centres, tanning salons, spas, beauty salons, etc. These professionals know how to design bespoke solutions, while respecting the needs, ideas and values of their clients.
The designer in this field works within studios of design, architecture and planning, who have projects and planning applications in interior design solutions for gyms, thermal baths, beauty salons, francise or independent hotels and fitness centres. Graduates of this programme will be able to find work as project managers or designers in companies that deal with wellness, or they might also work freelance on more than one project at a time. The career opportunities in this sector that have become available in the past few years are noteworthy.This is the blend o of materials, colours, lighting and climate to evoke positive, soothing emotional experiences, especially in the last years.
- understand the suitable materials and their place within spaces, evaluating the effects upon them caused by changes in the particular environmental conditions;
- evaluate the use of sound and light in such a way as to evoke soothing and positive emotional states within spaces dedicated to wellbeing;
- planning sensory and architectonic solutions for all spaces dedicated to spas and wellbeing areas for the purpose of body awareness;carry out further research in a more ample context regarding wellbeing, luxury and design in relation to the health industry successfully carry out substantial research in an independent manner;
- design spaces for wellbeing
- create new emotional experiences
- comfort and luxury
- research methods
Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded with an Istituto Marangoni certificate.
This school offers programs in: