Master in Electronics and Information Technology
The study program will enable the graduate to broaden his / her knowledge of electronics and information technology, and further, deepen it in the chosen specialization. Thanks to the acquired knowledge he/she will be ready to solve complex technical problems, which brings new technologies, new requirements on the technical level and specifics of electronic and communication systems in the company. Graduates will acquire knowledge in the field of design, development, implementation, and diagnostics of electronic, information and communication systems. They will gain knowledge in the field of power electronics and electric drives, but also programming, synthesis of electronic and communication circuits, design and synthesis of operationally safe systems, application of sensor technology, communication and bus systems, electronic systems for industrial process control and electromagnetic compatibility in both high frequency and in the low frequency region.
The graduate of the specialization will gain knowledge in the field of electronics during their studies, focusing especially on:
- Design and development of analog, digital processor structures of electronic systems and their programming including diagnostic tools using modeling and simulation tools.
- Areas of physical instrumentation, especially the design of ionizing radiation detectors and electronic systems needed for acquisition and further processing of data from detectors.
Specialization Power Electronics
The graduate of the specialization:
- Gains knowledge during the study of new structures of power semiconductor converters and drives, converters and drives with increased energy efficiency and high power density.
- Can solve electrical systems for vehicles, robots and manipulators, industrial and energy technologies and mechatronic systems.
- Gains knowledge of modern methods of control of the above systems. Can design, implement and program control systems for industrial and automation technologies, transport systems and power applications.
Specialization Information and Communication Technologies
The graduate of the specialization will gain knowledge especially in the following areas:
- Communication and multimedia systems.
- Space technology, microwave technology, communication, and computer networks, and functionally secure systems.
Terms for admission to master study
Applicants for master studies at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering at the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen (FEE) are graduates of a bachelor study and are admitted based on the results obtained from this study.
Admission without an examination
Applicants can be admitted without an admission exam based on a score evaluation. Points are granted for:
- the weighted average achieved in bachelor studies,
- documented professional activities during bachelor studies,
- result of the state final examination and defense of the bachelor thesis.
Based on the granted points, 60 - 70% of students are admitted.
Admission based on an interview
The admission interview must be completed by the following candidates:
- who have achieved a weighted bachelor study average of more than 2.5,
- who are applying to study branches of Electronics and Applied Informatics and Telecommunication and Multimedia Systems,
- who have graduated bachelor's degree programs outside the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen.
The aim of the admission interview is to verify the candidate's prerequisites to study the given branch and his / her complex assessment.
Foreigners applying to study in the Czech language must submit a Certification of Czech language exam - level B1 according to SERR.
About the School
Faculty of Electrical Engineering is a part of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, which was established on September 28, 1991, with a history going to the year 1949. According to the main resea ... Read More