The Master of Electronics Engineering (MEE) programme (By Research) aims at preparing engineering graduates with advanced technical knowledge and skills in finding practical and scientific solutions to meet the needs and changes of the current engineering problems. The programme will also provide a pathway for graduating students to undertake PhD research in one of the specialised areas of electronics engineering.
- Enriching engineering research and education through design and infrastructure approaches.
- Illustrating the infrastructure approaches through a programme focused on the design, development and commercialisation of industrial microelectronics and communication systems.
- Moving towards a Creative Economy by way of the Knowledge Economy in order to sustain development in all areas of Microelectronics and Communications Engineering.
- Computer Programme Development Systems and simulators are available in support of the research work.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field with a CGPA of 2.75 and above from IUKL or any institutions of higher learning accredited by the government, OR other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.50 and above may apply to the programme pending internal assessment by the faculty
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.00 and above may apply to the programme subject to minimum 5 years of working experience in relevant field
- For local applicants, sufficient mastery of the English language to satisfactorily complete the course
- International applicants who originate from a country where English is the native language; OR are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
All research topics tend towards but are not limited to the application and innovation of new and emerging electronic components and technology in the field of Microelectronics and Communications. Research in the Department of Electronics Engineering falls into four major areas:
- Radio Frequency and Microwave Engineering: Microwave Circuits, Radar, Antennas and Propagation
- Computer, Telecommunication Networks and Machine Vision
- Microelectronics and Integrated Circuit Designs
- Power Electronics
- Tuition Fees RM29,390.00
- Deposit (Refundable) RM300.00
- Insurance RM70.00/year
- Total Fees (Approximate) RM29,800.00
- Tuition Fees RM30,700.00
- Caution Fee (Refundable) RM1,500.00
- International Student Administrative Fee RM4,200.00
- Medical Insurance RM500.00/year
- Visa Processing RM360.00/year
- Medical Examination RM250.00/year
- Total Fees (Approximate) RM37,600.00
- Full-time: 1 ½ – 2 years
- Part-time : 3 – 4 years
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2018